Wizard fails to import Excel file

G

Hi!
When I'm trying to import an Excel file to my Access 2000 database, the wizard runs properly until the very end, when it just announces: "An errror occurred trying to import <file ref> . The file was not imported."
The Excel file was not open / in use at the time. I've tried to save the file as .csv and then it's OK to import! But why can't I import any Excel-files anymore?! - it did work before...

Anybody out there who knows the answer?!

G

It's OK ! I found the answer from an erlier posted question.

I had a leading space in one of my column headings ... and that's the reason. Although the wizard said everything was OK, it just stopped the transaction at the end - no imported table and no import error table.

I would have thought that when Access first tells us that "some headings are unsuitable, the wizard will automatically assign valid field names", that's what the wizard will do, NOT reject the whole import file!!!

Ingrid
----- Ingrid wrote: -----

Hi!
When I'm trying to import an Excel file to my Access 2000 database, the wizard runs properly until the very end, when it just announces: "An errror occurred trying to import <file ref> . The file was not imported."
The Excel file was not open / in use at the time. I've tried to save the file as .csv and then it's OK to import! But why can't I import any Excel-files anymore?! - it did work before...

Anybody out there who knows the answer?!

Ask a Question