Wireless Router

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
D-Link Wireless

Quick suggestion to anyone who might be looking at D-Link ADSL Wireless Routers....

If you have got a week to spare, and don't mind a challenge, then the D-Link stuff is pretty good, BUT be warned, it can be a real pain to setup. It is worth it in the end, but if you want to do MAC filtering and WEP protocols, make sure you have enough time and beer to attack it properly.

Good luck with whatever you end up with!

Reaction score
802.11g is 54Mb/s

802.11b is 11Mb/s

Wired is usually 100Mb/s, sometimes 1000Mb/s

Just got a Linksys WAG354G...Seems ok so far actually!

Reaction score
Further to my query, bought a linksys. Transformer started buzzing and is running hot, called tech support, need a new one, fine, following e-mail said:

"Thank you for submitting your request. Regrettably we are unable to send you a replacement adapter as our warehouse has informed us that they are currently experiencing a shortage of adapters for your product. They do not know when they are likely to see more, although you are more than welcome to wait."

So I rather angrily phoned thier UK support line, got through to a chap it later transpired is in the Philipines. He couldnt give me a UK number or offer anything more helpful than that e-mail. Unbelieveable. So will be making enquiries to ebuyer who I bought it off, failing that some recourse through credit card under 1976 consumer credit act, goods not fit for purpose etc.

Linksys have lost a custiomer for life (unless I get replacement power supply in next couple of days in which case they may be forgiven?)

Kind of academic at the moment anyway if you see my "PSU went BANG" thread - not having much luck at the moment...

Ask a Question