Wireless problem

Reaction score
I have a network in my office & one at home both of which until recently i could access wirelessly from my laptop. However something strange has happened, I can still access my office network wirelessly but can't access my home network.

When I am at home & click on the wireless icon on the taskbar I used to get a list of available networks now I get the following message "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection"

However when I am in the office and I do the same thing i get a list of available networks & I can access the network.

I haven't got a cue what is going on please help

Reaction score
claudescasual said:
I have a network in my office & one at home both of which until recently i could access wirelessly from my laptop. However something strange has happened, I can still access my office network wirelessly but can't access my home network.

When I am at home & click on the wireless icon on the taskbar I used to get a list of available networks now I get the following message "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection"

However when I am in the office and I do the same thing i get a list of available networks & I can access the network.

I haven't got a cue what is going on please help

Hey,
try this

Go to
Start, Run and type in services.msc

Scroll to the bottom of the list and look for - Wireless Zero Configuration

Right click and go to properties, make sure where it says Service status near the bottom next to it says started, click on start it if it says stopped

once you have done that got back to where you veiw your wireless connections and refresh the list it should then let windows search for the connections..

hope this helps

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply

however I have attempted to start the WCZ service. The service starts but is stopped within a matter of seconds.

What I don't understand is why I can wirelessly access the network in my office & view other wireless netwoks in the office block but can not wirelessly access my home network or view my neighbours wireless networks.

Ask a Question