Wireless Optical Mouse

Spike9458

Hi All,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Microsoft wireless optical mouse. The
laptop also has a touch-pad. Quite often when in use, the wireless optical
mouse renders itself non-functional for no apparent reason. I
uninstalled/reinstalled the updated driver for it, which worked well for a
couple of weeks. The mouse has a new battery in it. The laptop is also
accesses the internet by way of a Linksys wireless broadband router. Could
that be causing some sort of interference with the wireless mouse? I'm
frustrated with it because it worked so well for quite a long time, now it
seems quite unstable. Might it be the USB ports? I just don't know where
else to look.

Thanks in advance for any input/advice you might be able to offer!

--Jim

Spike9458

Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong group. Please see this and any

Sorry for the incompetence.

--Jim

Spike9458

Well for some reason my issue is not posting on the hardware site, so if
anybody can lend me some insight to my quandary, please do so here.

--Jim

: Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong group. Please see this and any
:
: Sorry for the incompetence.
:
: --Jim
:
: : > Hi All,
: >
[...]

Glenda P

I am not sure if this could be your problem but do you use a wireless phone
while at the pc, or near the pc with the wireless mouse? They use the same
frequency and can interfere with the mouse.
Glenda

Spike9458

Oh, I never thought of that. I'll pay attention to it and see if that's what
the cause is ... and I have to figure out a simpler work-around or way to
get the optical mouse back into action than uninstall/reinstall the drivers.

Thanks!

--Jim
"Glenda P" <glendanow2000(at)hotmail.com> wrote in message
:I am not sure if this could be your problem but do you use a wireless phone
: while at the pc, or near the pc with the wireless mouse? They use the same
: frequency and can interfere with the mouse.
: Glenda
:
:

Heather

FWIW.....I just installed a wireless DLink router and had a heck of a time
with my wireless mouse (Logitech/Labtec). It wouldn't work hardly at all.
Switched to an old wired mouse I had here and once I rebooted and plugged
the wireless mouse back in, it has worked OK.

I have no idea what the problem was. But you are not the only one with the
mouse problem. I don't have the drivers or software installed as that
seemed to wear out the mouse batteries in a week or so. Just using the
generic drivers.

Cheers...Heather

I had the same issue with the Wireless Optical mouse. What I had to do was
move the wireless receiver over to a powered USB hub. For some reason having
it plugged into a USB port on the PC wasn't good enough.