Wireless (noob)

Reaction score
Hi, i've always only had one PC at home and so never really had a need for wireless, now my girlfriend has bought a new laptop and wants to be able to connect whilst i'm playing games and stuff.
I dont know anything about Modems, Routers and Wireless stuff, and was wanting to know what i would need to buy and what would be the best Modem/Router etc for me to get.

If it helps i get my Internet from Tiscali down a BT line at about 3.4Mbs

All help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
smile.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
a wireless adsl router is what you need, basically you plug it into your pc via an ethernet port and set it up following the instructions that come with it so your girlfriend can use the wireless

a good one is the Speedtouch 585v6 or a Netgear DG834G, i've got both and they both are decent although the first is rated as the best router available

Reaction score
Net Gear and Linksys are very good Wireless Routers. (Cheap also) Easy to set up, you don't have to be a Internet IP Guru. Should have you up in running in a matter of minutes. (Quick Start Proceedure) Just Make sure you enable Security on Routers. WEPS at least

Ask a Question