WinXP complete verbose bootup?

mareta

Is there a method to make XP completetly verbose about *everything* it is
doing during bootup sequence?

Event viewer, bootlog, msconfig --> boot.ini --> /SOS , etc aren't giving me
the information I need.

I need complete verbose information so I can T/S an issue I'm having. All
other approaches have been exhausted.

Thanks.

mareta

mareta said:
Is there a method to make XP completetly verbose about *everything* it is
doing during bootup sequence?

Event viewer, bootlog, msconfig --> boot.ini --> /SOS , etc aren't giving
me the information I need.

I need complete verbose information so I can T/S an issue I'm having.
All other approaches have been exhausted.

Thanks.

Found what I need.

/BOOTLOG

Saves to: \windows\Ntbtlog.txt

(Real-time verbose would be nicer, but I'll take this.)

mareta

"mareta" wrote in message ...
Oh shit.

Its the infamous agp440.sys XP problem.
(Yes, I do have the latest BIOS for my m/b)

I'm a little hesitant on Microsoft's "solution", but worth a try first:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324764

Nevermind. Agp440.sys may not have jackshit to do with anything.

I suspected it for a minute because it was shown as the last thing
loaded --- but thats because safe mode OVERWRITES the damn boot log! (Thats
normal behavior for safe mode: agp440.sys to be last thing loaded.)