winlogin.exe error

Reaction score
winlogon.exe error--HELP

HELP!
don't know much about computers.....have recently attempted to update windows2000 to service pack 3 which didn't seem to work and computer said I should get rid of updated files which I agreed to but then that didn't seem to work either.

After that I tried to update internet explorer 6 (has been a while since this computer has been internet connected and used) and following that the computer restarted and has been a problem ever since!

The thing is that it will start up just like normal and then when it comes to the 'log on' page (where I ususally type my password) all that appears is an error message saying: winlogon.exe has generated an error and will be shut down. Error log has been created.

After that the computer restarts and repeats the whole thing over and over again!!!
Have tried to start in safe mode and all other options but don't really know what I'm doing!
Am going nuts!!! Please help!
Svandís

Last edited:

Ask a Question