Windows XP 64 and Sata hard drives.

Phayt

I have an ASUS K8V Motherborad with a Athlon 64 3200
Processor and a Samsung Sata 120GB hard drive. Doing a
fresh install of XP 64, I press "F6" to load a scsi or raid
hard drive (As XP will otherwise report that I have no hard
drives). It asks which driver to run for my hard drive and
I give it the disk for the SATA drive that works flawlessly
for XP Pro. It reports that the driver is "Corrupt". I
have visited ASUS website and they do not yet support XP64
(Since it is in BETA). Samsung has drivers for their hard
drives but they do not have drivers for the controller.
Any chance anyone has found a kind of "generic" driver that
XP64 will accept?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please direct your inquiry to the appropriate newsgroup:

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

List of Limitations in 64-Bit Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282423&Product=winxp

Cannot Install Some Programs on Windows XP for 64-bit Platforms
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298218&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

|I have an ASUS K8V Motherborad with a Athlon 64 3200
| Processor and a Samsung Sata 120GB hard drive. Doing a
| fresh install of XP 64, I press "F6" to load a scsi or raid
| hard drive (As XP will otherwise report that I have no hard
| drives). It asks which driver to run for my hard drive and
| I give it the disk for the SATA drive that works flawlessly
| for XP Pro. It reports that the driver is "Corrupt". I
| have visited ASUS website and they do not yet support XP64
| (Since it is in BETA). Samsung has drivers for their hard
| drives but they do not have drivers for the controller.
| Any chance anyone has found a kind of "generic" driver that
| XP64 will accept?

Yves Leclerc

Windows XP 64 for AMD 64s is still in beta tests. Not every company has
64bit drivers.

Also, it appears that the XP Pro drivers are not compatible with XP 64 (both
AMD and Intel versions.)

Y.