Windows Vista Ultimate Activating problems after updating to SP1

Peter

Hi Windows Community!

I got Windows Vista Ultimate as a gift from a Microsoft Employee, and I did
activate it, just after the installation.

Yesterday, I did update to the Service Pack 1, and now it says that my key
is already used :S

Proof that I have the disks:
http://pvpede.be/imuu/images/18869320032008.jpg

Please, help me!

- Peter B

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5. Once completed, restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

:

Hi Windows Community!

I got Windows Vista Ultimate as a gift from a Microsoft Employee, and I did
activate it, just after the installation.

Yesterday, I did update to the Service Pack 1, and now it says that my key
is already used :S

Proof that I have the disks:
http://pvpede.be/imuu/images/18869320032008.jpg

Please, help me!

- Peter B

Peter

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.
I'll try using the phone thing ..

And, smbdymf, thanks for the 'very useful comment' ..
I just can't see the point in writing "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" ..

Thanks,
Peter .

Bob F.

Peter,
Not unusual, it's just reporting it is being used by YOU. It's confused.
There should be a toll free number to call. Go through prompts, if you
don't get exactly what you need, wait on the line for a real person.
They'll ask a couple of questions and reactivate it for you. Make sure you
have the key handy.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Peter,
Did you get a ballon popup prior to the activation notification and if so
what was on that message? The exact text string if possible.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]