    Downloaded ISO file to hard drive then burned it to DVD. Appears on DVD as
    ISO file, with no setup.exe files and nothing happens on boot up.

    Please help.

    Guest, Oct 14, 2006

    Jane C Guest

    You need to use the 'burn image' function in your burning program, not just
    copy the iso to DVD. In Nero, Recorder tab > burn image, or using
    StartSmart, Copy and Backup tab, burn DVD image. If you don't have Nero,
    then search for burncdcc or imgburn, both of which are free and can burn an
    iso image to disc.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Oct 14, 2006

    Dave Nuttall Guest

    You can also download Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools from
    microsoft.com for free. If includes DVDBurn.exe, and lots of other useful
    stuff.

    Dave Nuttall, Oct 14, 2006

    "Dave Nuttall" wrote:

    > You can also download Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools from
    > microsoft.com for free. If includes DVDBurn.exe, and lots of other useful
    > stuff.

    Thank you for your response.
    I have burned the .iso file to disc using nero pinnacle instant dvd and the
    dvdburn.exe tool you mentioned, but when trying to explore disc to find setup
    files for vista it doesn't recognise file, saying it is unreadable.

    Guest, Oct 14, 2006

    Dave Nuttall Guest

    > I have burned the .iso file to disc using nero pinnacle instant dvd and
    > the
    > dvdburn.exe tool you mentioned, but when trying to explore disc to find
    > setup
    > files for vista it doesn't recognise file, saying it is unreadable.

    Maybe you burned it too rapidly. Try dropping the burn speed to 2x, or 4x...

    Dave Nuttall, Oct 15, 2006