Windows Vista windows vista is frustrating me

Reaction score
I bought a computer from Mesh with the software Vista (big mistake)!! My next computer is going to be an Apple. My Vista was not operating properly so I used my external recovery disc supplied by Mesh to re_install my Vista. Windows won't load up, I get a message to say that my Windows Vista is not valid. It says that "this copy of Windows is not genuine. I have typed and re-typed my product key in but it won't recognise it. Windows message says that I have to purchase a genuine copy of Vista. The most frustrating thing is that it is impossible to get hold of Microsoft without paying and I don't see why I should pay anything. I've already paid for products that are not operational. It is well nigh impossible to get hold of Mesh as another message on one of microsoft windows sites says that if you've bought Vista with your computer then you have got to speak to the manufacturer or seller. In my case the seller was Amazon and you get no sense out of them and i can't get hold of Mesh .............that's why my next computer is going to be an apple!!
can anyone out there help me?

Reaction score
thanx!! i know how to get hold of apple, but i've invested money in this computer and software and i need to get it working, or get my money back if they can't solve my problem!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Your mistake was not using Vista, it was buying a Mesh computer.

Oh dear, another one, so sad.

Amazon are usually very helpful, try contacting them again.

Good luck with the Apple :)

Reaction score
Amazon haven't been very helpful, they've just fobbed me off to Mesh. I've written an email to Mesh asking for a genuine Vista software and i'm still waiting to hear from them.
thanx for your input to try to solve my problem.
PS. i'm writing this from my laptop as my desk top is frozen by microsoft and i'm not a 'happy chappy'.

Reaction score
Since mesh sold you the pc it is with them.

Tell them your Windows is not genuine and you wanted a working key over the phone.

If nothing happend tell you will report them to Mirosoft or your local Trading Standards

see http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

This will get the ball rolling since there breaking law.

Got a number for mesh for you

020 82084794 Customer services

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi all
thanx for your interest and help. i finally got through to MS and spoke to a lady there who helped me. it turns out that the vista was genuine. so i'm now a 'happy chappie' because everything is working again:)
best regards
luigie

Ask a Question