Windows updates

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Just a little grumble.

What is the point of been able to hide updates when M$ are sneaky and unhide the updates the next time you do an update ?

I have Internet Explorer 8 on all my computers. I like it and don't want to update to 9 or 10 so I hide the update. But M$ are good at unhiding things without me knowing. GRRRR!!!!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes I hate that Bing search they bundle that unhides itself on a constant basis..:mad:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I've done my best to eliminate IE, yes, I know you can't really, but you'd think they, MS, would get the hint I don't want Bing either. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Of all the resources they have available too them Bing search is probably one of the worst search engines I've ever used..EVER

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
MS certainly try hard to persuade us to download stuff we don't want.

Oh yes and speaking of Bing! :rolleyes:

Did any of you happen to receive that "Take the Bing Challenge" email from MS recently? I did... but talk about bias... The challenge was to vote for Bing Vs Google based on several search results, (with a third option of "Can't decide... it's a draw.")

Even though I mainly voted for the Google results, and occasionally a draw, the challenge still announced that Bing was the winner! The challenge is still here if you want to test out the results for yourself. It would be interesting to know if the results are any fairer for someone else. lol

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Bing "won" 5-0.

I'm absolutely sure it didn't.

It has to be a fix.

Well, I'm still not downloading Bing. Just don't like it.

Reaction score
They are currently touring doing a Bing challenge

Guess what. Bing wins every time

I think someone needs to kick MS into touch because Bing is complete and utter garbage

Yep, I used and American word "garbage" maybe now they will take notice?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Microsoft are bullies who take us all for morons. Simple.

The one that annoyed me the most was them installing Silverlight - I didn't want or ask for it :mad:

And Ubuntu will soon be the new Windows - wait and see.

Ask a Question