Windows Update

Charles Mills

I just tried to run Windows Update and received the
following error number:

Error number: 0x8024400A

Since installing SP2, I had run WU once successfully.
Since then, I have not made any changes to my system.
Any ideas on what this error number means and how to
correct the problem?

Rock

Charles said:
I just tried to run Windows Update and received the
following error number:

Error number: 0x8024400A

Since installing SP2, I had run WU once successfully.
Since then, I have not made any changes to my system.
Any ideas on what this error number means and how to
correct the problem?

See these links. Otherwise post your question to the Windows Update
Newsgroup:

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/wufix.htm
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5Consumer/troubleshoot.aspx?ln=en