Windows XP Windows Startup Issues

Reaction score
Dear Experts,

I am having Win2000 Professional desktop system. When I start up my computer, it asks me for my login id and password and after it is done validating my credentials and loading the desktop , it throws me "Windows Explorer EXE - Application Error".

The description is given below

Explorer EXE - Application Error

The instruction at "0x732e69ff" referenced memory at "0xfe116477". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

When I click on the OK button, all the desktop items disappears and the screen becomes blank.
When I Click on the CANCEL button, it says JIT debugging is not installed.

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Sincere thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like Explorer EXE has be come corrupt.

Just to make sure its not a RAM problem download this software then download power iso then make it a bootable cd and boot from it when the computer starts up, you might need to change the boot setting in the BIOS this is easy to do all you need to do is look at the boot order and then change it to boot from the cd. Let mem test run for 2 hours. If it finds any errors then remove one module at a time and re test, once this is all completed. Go back into the BIOS and set boot up settings to how it was, best to take a note before you change it. :thumb:

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Hi
It sounds like your explorer.exe is corrupt with some third part software.

pls check up your start programmes.

click "start"->"run" type "msconfig"

check General->Selective Startup

click startup

uncheck some startitems which you newly installed or third part software.

Reaction score
Hi WIZ,

I tried out memtest and it reported no errors. I ran it twice for 2 hours each time and the result is same and no errors were reported.

Could you please help what path to take next. Is there any way possible to fix the corrupt explorer.exe file ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Charliehood,

I was not able to get msconfig to show up. When I type msconfig in the Run window ( ie Start --> Run ) nothing happens, that is no screen show up.

Pls help.

Thanks

Reaction score
Try this:

Insert your OS cd into your CD drive then goto run and type in "sfc /scannow" without quotes..All files will be fixed..

Ask a Question