Windows Service Installation Registry Setting

decrypted

I want my users to be able to specify where thier configuration files are
located for a windows service. Since having startup params don't seem to be
a real option here I want to use the registery...however...I can't seem to
get that working either. My installation file has the following bit of
code...

Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey key =
Microsoft.Win32.Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("System");

key = key.OpenSubKey("CurrentControlSet");

key = key.OpenSubKey("Services");

key = key.OpenSubKey(this.serviceInstaller1.ServiceName, true);

key.SetValue("SqlConfig", Environment.CurrentDirectory +
\\SqlConfiguration.xml);

Now if I take out that last line, using installUtil works just
fine....including it and the installUtil rollsback. Any ideas here??

Thanks

-dec

Todd Apley

What is the error you get with the setvalue call in?

Todd Apley – Visual Basic Deployment Test Team