Windows scripting

Steve

I am trying to run Silent Runners using te administrator account but when I
double click the vbs file I get a message "Windows Script Host is disabled
on this machine. Contact your administrator for details."

Initial internet reseach produced instructions that helped me track down
that scripting is installed, enabled and associated with..vbs extensions.
The program noscript.exe from Symantic believes it is able to turn scripting
on/off. As best I can tell, scripts should run, yet the above message
continues to taunt me. What am I missing?

Dave Patrick

Check the settings here.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/guide/sas_sbp_lhak.mspx?mfr=true

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Steve" <No Spam> wrote:
|I am trying to run Silent Runners using te administrator account but when I
| double click the vbs file I get a message "Windows Script Host is disabled
| on this machine. Contact your administrator for details."
|

| Initial internet reseach produced instructions that helped me track down
| that scripting is installed, enabled and associated with..vbs extensions.
| The program noscript.exe from Symantic believes it is able to turn
scripting
| on/off. As best I can tell, scripts should run, yet the above message
| continues to taunt me. What am I missing?
|
| --
| Steve

Dave Patrick

Not sure what that means but check that the Reg_DWord

Enabled = 1

found at;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings

"Steve" <No Spam> wrote:
| Shows up as a restricted site in status bar

Steve

Worked it out after dropping ?mfr=true from you link.

Problem was with the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Script Host\Settings\Enabled

Thank you.

--
Steve

"Steve" <No Spam> wrote:
|I am trying to run Silent Runners using te administrator account but
when I
| double click the vbs file I get a message "Windows Script Host is
disabled
| on this machine. Contact your administrator for details."
|

| Initial internet reseach produced instructions that helped me track
down
| that scripting is installed, enabled and associated with..vbs
extensions.
| The program noscript.exe from Symantic believes it is able to turn
scripting
| on/off. As best I can tell, scripts should run, yet the above message
| continues to taunt me. What am I missing?
|
| --
| Steve

Dave Patrick

You're welcome.