Windows Registration

G

When I first started up the computer, Windows XP prompted me to register my Windows XP operating system. I checked the box that I wanted to do it later because I wasn't connected to the web at the time. Now that I have web access, how can I initiate the registration process?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R , and hit enter to
start the registration wizard.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

| When I first started up the computer, Windows XP prompted me to register my Windows XP operating system. I
checked the box that I wanted to do it later because I wasn't connected to the web at the time. Now that I
have web access, how can I initiate the registration process?

G

Thanks for your reply. When I tried this, I got a message which said something like "the registration wizard cannot run because information that it needs is either unavailable or incorrect". Any other ideas?
Thanks.

----- Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote: -----

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

| When I first started up the computer, Windows XP prompted me to register my Windows XP operating system. I
checked the box that I wanted to do it later because I wasn't connected to the web at the time. Now that I
have web access, how can I initiate the registration process?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Note: There is a "space" between the Z and the / .

Or open XP's "Help and Support" and type: REGISTRATION , and hit enter.
Click on the article titled: "Using online registration", then click on the
"open registration wizard" which is shown in the right-hand window.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Thanks for your reply. When I tried this, I got a message which said something like "the registration wizard
cannot run because information that it needs is either unavailable or incorrect". Any other ideas?
| Thanks.

G

The method you suggested of going through Help and Support was successful. Thank you very much.

Ask a Question