Windows re-install on 1st hard drive created folders & files on my 2nd hard drive. Why?

G

I did a clean re-installed of Windows 2000 Pro on my (C:)Drive. All went well except the fact it created Program Files, Documents & Settings, and Winnt folders w/ files on my 2nd hard(D:)Drive. I never had these folders and files before the re-install of Windows 2000 Pro. So now I have these exact folders and files on my (C:) and (D:)Drive. I only use my 2nd hard drive for video files as a way for storage. Also, when I re-installed my printer, scanner, photoshop, etc.. it's being installed to my (D:)Drive and not the (C:)Drive. I tried deleting the Program Files, Documents & Settings, and Winnt folders on my (D:)Drive it won't saying something like it's being shared

How do I go about solving this problem?

G

George Hester

See if there is a boot.ini file on the root of D. It is a hiddeb file so you will need to make sure you are showing all hidden files. Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder options... | View the options to show all hidden files are in the list box in bottom half. Check or uncheck all that give you the control to see anything hidden. Once you do that look on the root od D. If you find the boot.ini, open it with Notepad and place its contents in a response here.

If you do not see a boot.ini on D drive then look for one on the root of C. Then place the contents of that one in a response here.

G

George
It might take me awhile to get back to you. A day or so.. Do have an email address I can send the contents to ya

Thanks

Ask a Question