Windows XP Windows Movie Maker Saving Format

Reaction score
Hi, I am a professional photographer and I put together a slideshow on WMM with my photos, etc. I want to be able to play this slideshow on a 46" flatscreen for my clients without losing any quality, is there a saving mode that will do this for me?

If not, what would be the best way to go about making a slideshow that would keep the quality of the photos? and add music, etc. ? Is there any way I can make a slideshow that will play on my laptop and then hook up to the tv instead of burning a disc (in case that loses quality) ? I just really dont want to lose the picture quality....

Thanks...

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi & welcome to PCReview :wave:

Pick the option that is the largest file size when saved, i think it is the one that says xbox after it, thats what i use.

Reaction score
you mean DV-AVI? It said it was going to take 900 minutes to save, is that normal? I might have to let it run all night.

The problem I have is that I need to save a file somehow, in order to transfer onto a laptop if I want to burn it onto DVD (the computer i made it on doesnt have a dvd burner) or hook up the laptop to the tv.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah it will take a while depending on the power of your laptop but thats the best quallity, you can use something like Nero to burn to DVD or after its saved it will be an avi. file, you can play this with windows media player or VLC media player.

Reaction score
Ok, I will try and save it on my desktop so I can transfer it to my laptop and burn it there to DVD. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
For the future, are there any basic slideshow programs that I could purchase or download that dont compress any of the data? Basically, all I am looking for is to play the pictures on my tv with a bit of music. Nothing fancy...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
theres not much putting it onto a DVD as a dvd player won't be able to play it as it'll be in an .avi format

leave it on your laptop and hook it up to the screen

Reaction score
ok...thats a good point. I'm just hoping i'll get the saving part figured out so I can actually PUT it on my laptop, right now its on my desktop where I created it, especially if its going to take that long to save. 15 hours?? eek

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
theres not much putting it onto a DVD as a dvd player won't be able to play it as it'll be in an .avi format

leave it on your laptop and hook it up to the screen

You could maybe burn it as a DVD using Nero or 100 other programs so it can play in your DVD player.

Ask a Question