    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    John

    John, Dec 18, 2005

  2. John

    John Guest

    John wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > What would cause this Microsoft application to start a movie (any valid
    > video file extension) and just display a second or two of the clip and
    > then blank out the window?
    >
    > I have temporarily solved the problem with a free 3rd part app. but its
    > not as good as prior versions of WMP. If I recall correctly, v8 & v9 of
    > WMP played movie clips all the way through on this comp.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

    To add to the above I just did some quick experiments.

    ..wmv & .wm plays about 3/4 of the way through.
    ..mpg plays a few seconds regardless of length.

    The only types I have on hand at the moment.

    By the way, the sound continues to the end of the clip even after the
    screen blanks for both types.

    John

    John, Dec 18, 2005