Windows Media Player 10

Guillaume Genest

Hi,
I have just installed Windows Media Player 10 from
Microsoft Windows Update. I have a problem listening web
radio. We are using an ISA server, and with Media Player 9
when i wanted to listen radio on the net I had to enter my
credential (i'm from IT so ISA let me listen streaming
media on the NET).

WMP 10 don't popup my the security dialog box to enter my
credential, just saying me that the server is unreachable.

any one can help?

thanks!

Feng Mao

Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for posting!

According to my understanding, you need input the credential for the ISA
Server to list the streaming media on the Internet. However, Windows Media
Player 10 does not prompt, instead with the message that server is
unreachable.

Guillaume, let us take a look at the Options settings for Windows Media
Player:

1. Open Windows Media Player
2. Click Tools -> Options
3. Choose Network tab
4. Highlight MMS and click Configure... button
5. Choose "User the following proxy server" option and specify the ISA
server in the address and port.
6. Repeat step 4-5 to change the same settings for RTSP
7. Restart Windows Media Player and try again

In addition, as I know, ISA server has winsock proxy client software. You
may install it on the computer and it might be helpful.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support