Windows mail password

Windows Mail security/passwords

I would like to establish a password for my windows mail so that if my laptop
is left unattended my email is secure. Is there a way for windows mail to
prompt for a password before displaying my email?
Thanks in advance

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Uncheck "Remember password" located under the server tab
of your email account properties settings.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

I would like to establish a password for my windows mail so that if my laptop
is left unattended my email is secure. Is there a way for windows mail to
prompt for a password before displaying my email?
Thanks in advance

Mick Murphy

When you set up the email account in Windows Mail, you also include a
username and password, which is your Internet Service Provider's Username and
Password given to you to connect to the Internet.

Where you put the Mail Servers, username and password, don't tick to
remember the Password.

Charlie42

"Windows Mail security/passwords" <Windows Mail
security/[email protected] said:
I would like to establish a password for my windows mail so that if my
laptop is left unattended my email is secure. Is there a way for windows
mail to prompt for a password before displaying my email?

Like the other posters say, your only option is to not store login
information for each e-mail account.

I think perhaps it would be a better idea for you to just use (or set) the
Vista user account password, and hit Winkey+L whenever you leave your laptop
unattended.

Charlie42

Dave

Windows Mail and WLM don't have identities or a password option.
Security is provided by your Vista account password. Don't let others use
your account, create their own accounts if they need to use your computer.
Logout or lock (Winkey-L) your computer while you are away.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Windows Mail security/passwords" <Windows Mail
security/[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...