Windows Mail fails to download news messages

Delboy

Newsgroups in Win Mail fail to automatically download messages. All the
headers are there, marked as unread. When I highlight them to read, get the
message "message not downloaded. click here or space. Message then
downloads. Alternatively I can synchronize all or group. Messages then
download.

Synch settings are download all, d/l messages every 5m, LAN settings are
automatically detect settings, connection is any available.
Not that these seem to make any difference.

Any ideas guys?

--

Delboy

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams

Cal Bear '66

When you highlight the main news server such as "Microsoft Communities", what
are the settings under the extreme right column "Synchronization Settings"? You
can right click and change to "All messages" to have all messages download
during synchronization.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Delboy said:
Newsgroups in Win Mail fail to automatically download messages. All the
headers are there, marked as unread. When I highlight them to read, get
the message "message not downloaded. click here or space. Message then
downloads. Alternatively I can synchronize all or group. Messages then
download.

Tools | Options | Read
Automatically download when viewing in the Preview Pane.

Delboy

Hi Cal Bear '66

All Messages selected. Going to try Frank Saunders fix now.

Tks

--

Delboy

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams

Delboy

Tks Frank, Problem solved. To be honest I probably unchecked that myself as
being "superfluous" as I don't have Preview pane open in my email Inbox. I
know better now. :blush:}