Windows Mail could not post your message - The Article is too large

Kim W

I sent a mail to Microsoft communities and I get this error message at the
end

"Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'Microsoft Tutorials:
Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition (http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/) ',
Account: 'Microsoft Communities', Server: 'msnews.microsoft.com', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '437 (648) Transfer Failed - Do Not Try Again -- The
Article is too large', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 437, Error
Number: 0x800CCCA9"

Does anyone know why because from the Windows Mail posting area (where it
tells you if your message is executing correctly) POP TOOLS (Local Area
Network connection) gets executed OK; POP3 (Local Area Network) gets
executed OK: POP3 (1) gets executed OK. However, when it comes to the very
end the last detail "Upload 1 message to Microsoft Communities (Local Area
Network) this is when the above error occurs and therefore 3 of 4 tasks have
completed successfully (so the message says). Can anyone help why this
happens as it doesn't happen if I'm sending ordinary mail just to Microsoft
communities.

ALSO DOES THE SIZE OF ARTICLE EFFECT THE COMPLETION. As I've noticed in the
error message above it states "The Article is too large".

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards

Kim

Kim W said:
[...]

Microsoft Communities isn't set up to allow you to upload email at all;
messages sent there are called newsgroup posts instead.

Windows Mail has a very generous size limit on message size, if any
at all, but many of the servers it sends to have lower limits. Therefore,
all steps performed completely on your computer will probably work,
but the step of actually sending the message to the server that will
pass it on to the rest of the world is likely to fail for the largest
messages.

I haven't seen any size limit on messages to Microsoft Communities,
but that's likely to because I don't add the attachments that some
people add that are considerably larger than the text part of their
messages. Therefore, I'm not likely to run into such a size limit if
there is one.

I'd say the error message indicates the message you tried to post
here exceeded such a size limit, and therefore proves there is one.

mac

Kim W said:
I sent a mail to Microsoft communities and I get this error message at the
end
Do you mean this one?

But I am at a loss as to why you posted it to a Mail newsgroup?

From: "Kim W" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Microsoft Tutorials: Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition
(http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/)
Date: 29 May 2008 23:37

I|'m a stay at home mother of a gorgeous 2 year old and am planning to go
back to work when he's 3 (at nursery). I've just bought myself a Vista
Ultimate, 1 TB high end (highest graphics card etc) computer and yes it cost
a packet. Howevever, I've just realised a host of communities and learning
aid as well as other useful and supposedly helpful sites from Microsoft that
I can tap into. One of the areas I'd like to put to some use is the Visual
Basic 2008 Express Edition (Microsoft SQL Server 2005). I've always wanted
with a passion to learn some programming but in the past cost to much. Well
I couldn't believe my eyes when happened across Microsoft free web tutorials
for Web or Windows came up. Well of course I preceeded to download it
thinking I can simply download and hey presto of I go learning at night when
my little-un is a sleep. Unfortunately, it appears an empty promise - I've
followed the instructions with regards to the download and when I clcik on
it I get more questions and downloads which leads to still no helpful
tutorial lessons. I was able to download somehow the Introduction media
which plays on Windows Media Player and gives simple and clear follow
instructions on how to donwload it but I follow it side by side and nothing.
I've also come across Virtual Windows and wonder if this would probably be a
better place to learn you learn through another window-like so you don't
have to download (well you probably still do to practice). I've come across
so many pages regarding downloading the tutorials in different ways and so
many people it not working for them and the way they put it across seem to
be better clued on with regards to the programming site in the first place,
I'm thinking what chance do I have. I JUST WANT TO LEARN SIMPLE. Can
anyone enlighten me to the fact shouldn't I be able to download and just
learn that simple or is it without alot gliches and I have to read through
the copius library of troubleshooting to get to grips with it which makes it
not worth it because the amount is way more than the study. Plus there's
too much varitions of help out there it's mind boggling (am I right!). Any
advice on going about it the best way I'd be so grateful you wouldn't know.

Everyday I think about it and surf the various sites in the hope I can learn
something now in my 40s and think the tutorials sound great in theory but in
practice, it's cra .... I rather not say it as not nice, I'm just annoyed
because I'm eager but can't get started. The site looks wow but is unable
to serve you what use is it. I wonder if I went with Mac if I'd of had this
problem as I'm sure they have tutorials too. PERHAPS SOMEONE SO KIND CAN
HELP ME BY COMMUNICATING WITH ME THROUGH THE STAGES TO SIMPLY GET STARTED.
PLEASE SOMEONE I'M DYING TO LEARN - MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO SOMEONE (ME).

Kind Regards

Kim

Gary VanderMolen

Did that failed message have an attachment? I seem to recall
that I got that same error message once from the Microsoft
news server when I inadvertently tried to post a 100KB attachment.