Windows Vista Windows Installer Configures System

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm running Vista with Office 2003. It has been working acceptably. Then a friend wanted to use Windows Live Messenger. After attempting to download and install it, it wreaked havoc on my system.

First, it did not work at all, and I eventually removed it, and asked my friend to go to Skype. The big problem is it did something to all of my office 2003 applications. Every time I try to open Outlook for E-mail, or word, or PPT or Xcel, the windows installer opens up and seeks to configure the system. Even once I'm in Outlook, it will often pop up automatically, aparantly out of the blue and seek to configure something. Also when I want to compose a new e-mail.

It's quite time consuming. Often times, I'll hit Cancel, Cancel and it does what I asked it to do with out a problem.

I've even tried uninstalling Office 2003 entirely and then reinstalling it, unfortunately, the same thing is still happening.

Anyone have any ideas? Blessings,

Ask a Question