"Windows has detected new hardware" message

G

I have a HP laserjet 3100. Everytime I start my computer the "Windows has detected new hardware" message displays. I've since bought the driver cd from HP for windows xp. Installed drivers and everything works fine, except i still get the message. I've already read the Knowledge base article from microsoft and it refers to these new set of drivers and tells you that this should solve the problem, wrong. I've read other articles that advise you to point the install hardware wizard to the new .inf file that was installed from the new cd. I do a search on both my hard drive and the cd and nothing comes up. Does anyone know where this driver, whether it is an .inf or whatever, file resides or is called

Thanks for any help
Leo

G

----- Leo wrote: ----

I have a HP laserjet 3100. Everytime I start my computer the "Windows has detected new hardware" message displays. I've since bought the driver cd from HP for windows xp. Installed drivers and everything works fine, except i still get the message. I've already read the Knowledge base article from microsoft and it refers to these new set of drivers and tells you that this should solve the problem, wrong. I've read other articles that advise you to point the install hardware wizard to the new .inf file that was installed from the new cd. I do a search on both my hard drive and the cd and nothing comes up. Does anyone know where this driver, whether it is an .inf or whatever, file resides or is called

Thanks for any help
Leo

G

I have the same problem with an EPSON C80. Have uninstalled and reinstalled, clicked the "Don't show this again" box until I am blue in the face. Safe mode, no help. Even unplugged all USB devises, turned off plug and play, then let everything reinstall itself. The New Hardwar Wizard still shows up every time I reboot.

Ask a Question