windows defender

Reaction score
hello my name is melody and i need help in turning off the windows defender on my pc. i have as my anti virus and spewer protector, i turn it on thinking i needed it, but was told as long as i have some anti virus protection i wouldn't need it turn on, i tried to go back and turn the feature off, pc won't
even allow me open the windows defender . now i have a error code when i logon to my pc, and it's frustrating me. how do i manually turn it off.
please help me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
malady1961 said:
hello my name is melody and i need help in turning off the windows defender on my pc. i have as my anti virus and spewer protector, i turn it on thinking i needed it, but was told as long as i have some anti virus protection i wouldn't need it turn on, i tried to go back and turn the feature off, pc won't
even allow me open the windows defender . now i have a error code when i logon to my pc, and it's frustrating me. how do i manually turn it off.
please help me.

Hi Melody....
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum.....
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

What is the error message you are getting..?
What Anti Virus are you using..?
What Spyware protector are you using...?
And finally what OS are you running..?
All these ansers will help me or others find a solution for you...
Have you tried running your AV and Spyware to see if per chance you have picked up a nasty..?

Let us know so we can help.....:thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Personally I would leave Defender turned on. It is a good line of defence and does not seem to interfer with anything else. It has been running on my pc for nearly two years now with no problems.

happywave.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Leave defender as it is, whoever "told you" ignore in future.

;)

Ask a Question