    GS, Audigy

    MS Sec Essentials, WAU, Sec PSI, IE8, Silverlight, Flash, Java, CCleaner,
    Registry Crawler

    James, Santa Barbara, Jan 7, 2010

  2. Yes it is. Microsoft Security Essentials includes the protections provided
    by Windows Defender and more.

    "James, Santa Barbara" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 7, 2010

  3. Hello James,

    If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and you install Microsoft Security
    Essentials, the installation process will automatically disable (but not
    uninstall) Windows Defender.
    -=-

    Ǝиçεl, Jan 7, 2010
  4. Sorry for the break.

    If you are using Windows XP and you download and install Windows Defender
    and in addition you want to install Microsoft Security Essentials, you will
    see a warning to uninstall Windows Defender before completing the
    installation for Microsoft Security Essentials.

    If you are running Microsoft Security Essentials, you do not need to run
    Windows Defender. Microsoft Security Essentials is designed to disable
    Windows Defender in order to manage the PC’s real-time protection, including
    anti-virus, rootkits, Trojans and spyware.
    -=-

    Ǝиçəl
    -=-

    Ǝиçεl, Jan 7, 2010