Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Shar

Sam

I'm on XP Pro SP3 with auto update. After I scanned a docs with our network
scanner, I could not push the scanned docs to my scan folder. Then I found
the Windows Firewall is not running.

The error message is Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because
the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows
Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?.

By clicking Yes, another message Windows cannot start the Windows
Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service comes up.

How can I get it up and running to change the setting?

Gerry

Sam

Select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services and right
click on Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and select
Properties. The StartUp type should be Automaticl. Is it?

Select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services and right
click on Windows Management Instrumentation and select Properties. The
StartUp type should be Automaticl. Is it?

Select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services and right
click on Network Connections and select Properties. The StartUp type
should be Manual. Is it?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam

Thanks, Gerry. Problem solved.

Gerry said:
[...]

David H. Lipman

From: "The_Snowman" <[email protected]>

| When I do that, and click on Start, I get this "Could not start the Windows
| Firewall/Internet Sharing (ICS) service on local computer. Error 10093: Either the
| application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed" What is going on? --
| The_Snowman ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another f'n moron NOT quoting what they are referring to in techarena.in

Users are ENCOURAGED to drop the C R A P Usenet front-end called techarena.in and access
this News Group directly with the following URL...

David H. Lipman

From: "The_Snowman" <[email protected]>

| GEE, THANKS FOR THAT, AND REMEMBER, YOU STARTED IT!
| • Do not post material that is libelous, obscene, abusive, or that otherwise violates
| any law or these guidelines.
| Flaming - will not be tolerated, while we try to allow people to voice their opinions
| we do not want to see posts that offend other forum members.
| Pornographic Images – Any distasteful photographs or images containing explicit
| imagery. Futhermore, this includes those of a graphic or vulgar nature, which would be
| deemed unsuitable for a community forum for all ages. First offense will bring a
| warning to the member; second offense will result in a temporary ban for that member.
| *Foul Language - This will not be tolerated. Please show respect* for yourself and the
| members of TechArena.in. Alot of foul words are automatically removed by the forum
| software, however some may be missed. If any words are missed, please contact a
| moderator or administrator
| Racism – Any racist or sexist remarks will be deleted and the member will be warned or
| banned. The internet is one world, colour or creed is not an issue here!
| Threatening Private messages are also frowned upon and action will be taken if the
| system is abused.
| Nationality - Members at this forum represent countries from around the globe.
| Political propaganda will not be tolerated. Deliberate and/or malicious "country
| bashing" will result in action up to and including user ban depending on severity.
| Usernames – People seem to believe that they can't use abusive language in the forums
| so have a tendency to sign up with an abusive username. Any abusive/bad language seen
| in usernames will be looked upon harshly and will more then likely be deleted on sight.
| Usernames can be changed by contacting an administrator -- The_Snowman

Gee, like a TechArena.in idiot. Totally clueless !
You see you are so dumb yyou don't know that TechArena.in is totally FAKING that it
provides "forums". Well, it doesn't.
I am posting via the REAL McCoy from the Microsoft.* hierarchy posting through the
Microsoft news server, msnews.microsoft.com
You have no bloody idea about that! You don't know about Usenet. Well I'm here to tell
you that TechArena.in is nothing but a leech and nothing but C R A P !

Throught the NNTP protocol (TCP port 119) and via the news URL () I access the
REAL McCoy news group microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
that TechArena.in is leeching a making believe it is providing. Yes sir, through the
following News URL is where I am posting...

TechArena.in can kiss my lilly white a$$ as being a fake provider of a "forum" that it
gets via vBulletin USENET gateway leeching off of Usenet.
Go ahead, tell the admins of TechArena.in I said that.

TechArena.in can go phuck themselves.

VanguardLH

The_Snowman said:
When I do that, and click on Start, I get this "Could not start the
Windows Firewall/Internet Sharing (ICS) service on local computer. Error
10093: Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup
failed"

What is going on?

You are replying to an OVER 8-MONTH OLD thread. Start your own NEW thread
that discusses YOUR problem and gives the details of YOUR setup. Don't try
to hijack someone else's thread, especially a really old one.

A leech site pretending to have forums by running a webnews-for-dummies
interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a gateway to
Usenet (aka newsgroups).

Peter Foldes

You are using a leech Usenet Gateway to post. Those rules are for boobs that post in
the useless techarena forum.
Besides you are posting and hijacking an over 2 yr post. Get a life

David H. Lipman

From: "VanguardLH" <[email protected]>

< snip >

| You are NOT in a forum. You are using a gateway to Usenet. None of those
| fake rules in the pretend forum that uses Usenet to make the forum look like
| it has a larger community are applicable in Usenet. Read the articles below
| on just what is Usenet.

| Although you conveniently omitted quoting of the existing posts in the old
| thread, you REPLIED to an old thread in an attempt to HIJACK it to discuss
| your problem. Start a NEW thread for your own problem.

< snip >

I was hoping the Aussie would have replied by now.

Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
2