    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Andy

    Andrew, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Andrew

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:,
    Andrew <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Thanks for pointing out the MS KB article however my original posts ststaes
    that I have recovered my installation; I know want to know if a fast
    shutdown could be causing problems.

    Thanks,

    Andy

    Andrew, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Andrew

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Beats me, Andy. Most people complain about slow shut downs.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:,
    Andrew <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I wondered if XP could be shutting down software wise before the hardware
    (i.e. hard drive) had finished writing. Is this likely I have a RAID 0
    configuration.

    Andrew, Apr 2, 2005