Windows Calendar

• Thread starter Anthony Robinson
  • Start date
A

Anthony Robinson

I'd like to import my Outlook Express calendar (XP Machine) into Windows Calendar on my Windows Vista machine, but the only option to import a file of type .ics

Can you still import .csv files into Windows Calendar?

D

Dave

Outlook has a calendar, not Outlook Express. Is this what you mean?
Windows Calendar can only import .ics, not .csv

Here's what I did...
In Outlook (I have version 2003), export to a CSV file.
Went to my calendar on Gmail.com
import the CSV file to Google calendar
export to .ics file (had to use help for these two steps, as it's not
straightforward)

Windows Calendar:
import the .ics file

M

mikeyhsd

instead of EXPORT of the calendar, try SAVE and select the ICS format at the bottom as file type.

as was suggested in earlier posts.

(e-mail address removed)

I'd like to import my Outlook Express calendar (XP Machine) into Windows Calendar on my Windows Vista machine, but the only option to import a file of type .ics

A

Anthony Robinson

When choosing FILE, there is no SAVE AS option for the Calendar in Outlook...there is only a Save As Webpage...
instead of EXPORT of the calendar, try SAVE and select the ICS format at the bottom as file type.

(e-mail address removed)

D

Dave

I don't have it, but there's supposed to be a "Save As" in Outlook 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA101674951033.aspx?pid=CH100776881033

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
When choosing FILE, there is no SAVE AS option for the Calendar in Outlook...there is only a Save As Webpage...

(e-mail address removed)

M

mikeyhsd

do know which version of Outlook you have, but every version I have ever had had a SAVE AS option under the FILE menu with the Calendar selected.

(e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

D

Dave

I have Outlook 2003.
When in the calendar, in Month/Day view, and click on "File", the "Save As" is grayed out... can't select.
When I select one appointment, the "Save As" is available. So you can only save one at a time (to .ics), not the entire calendar...as far as I can tell.
When I change the view to Active Appointments, then the "Save As" is available, but will only work for one appointment (to .ics).
Selecting all appointments, and click on "File" - "Save As" will only permit saving to a .txt file, not .ics

--
do know which version of Outlook you have, but every version I have ever had had a SAVE AS option under the FILE menu with the Calendar selected.

(e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

A

Anthony Robinson

That's pretty much what I found as well...

Thank you, Microsoft...
I have Outlook 2003.
When in the calendar, in Month/Day view, and click on "File", the "Save As" is grayed out... can't select.
When I select one appointment, the "Save As" is available. So you can only save one at a time (to .ics), not the entire calendar...as far as I can tell.
When I change the view to Active Appointments, then the "Save As" is available, but will only work for one appointment (to .ics).
Selecting all appointments, and click on "File" - "Save As" will only permit saving to a .txt file, not .ics

--

(e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question