Windows 2003 Fax Sharing

extreme

I currently have MS Fax set up on my windows 2003 server. I am
planning on sharing the fax service with the rest of my office. Now
when i go to print to fax from the installed fax printer driver on a
remote workstation i get the following message: Fax server information
cannot be retrieved. This problem happens with both windows XP and
windows NT. Any help would be greatly appericated

Subhashni Meesala[MSFT]

While adding the remote fax server , did you give any network credentials ?
What are the permissions on the remote fax server ? Check in server's
"Printers and Faxes " | Fax| Properties |Security.

If you proper permissions on the server , Can you delete the remote fax
printer and add it again in the client machines(windows Xp and Win2000)
Add the remote fax printer by using "Printers and Faxes" |Add Printer |
Network printer| give the network printer path as <\\server>\fax .

--
Subhashini Meesala

purposes only.'

purposes only.'

Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I guess I am bringing back a dead topic, but I currently have the same problem. I have done everything Subhashini has said below and I still get the error message.

Any help?

Thanks!

Subhashni Meesala[MSFT] said:
While adding the remote fax server , did you give any network credentials ?
What are the permissions on the remote fax server ? Check in server's
"Printers and Faxes " | Fax| Properties |Security.

If you proper permissions on the server , Can you delete the remote fax
printer and add it again in the client machines(windows Xp and Win2000)
Add the remote fax printer by using "Printers and Faxes" |Add Printer |
Network printer| give the network printer path as <\\server>\fax .

--
Subhashini Meesala

purposes only.'

purposes only.'