win2k works, win2003 doesn't ?

Adrian Parker

I have a web app that has one problem when deployed on win2003 but works
fine on win2k.

On a page, I have a button that causes a reload of the page with a different
set of querystring values (to move to next week)

the codebehind the button just says

Response.Redirect("mypagename.aspx?year=2005&month=11&day=21")

On win2k, it loads the next page fine, no problem. On win2003 however, it
just displays a blank page.. doesn't even get back into the requested page..

Any ideas ?

Adrian

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Adrian,

As for the problem you mentioned, is the problem page using
SmartNavigation? Based on my experience there has an exisiting problem in
ASP.NET that use response.Redirect with SmartNavigation turned on. If your
page is using SmartNavigation, you can first checking whether the 2003
server has installed all the latest patch of .net framework 1.x...
(Since the problem should has been fixed in the latest patchs)

Also, you can clear the aspnet client script files and execute the
following command to reinstall them (in case the client script files are
corrupted):

You can remove the "aspnet_client" folder under your IIS site's root dir
first then execute the

aspnet_regiis -c

command to reinstall those global scripts.

Hope helps. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "Adrian Parker" <[email protected]>
| Subject: win2k works, win2003 doesn't ?
| Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 00:15:10 -0000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have a web app that has one problem when deployed on win2003 but works
| fine on win2k.
|
| On a page, I have a button that causes a reload of the page with a
different
| set of querystring values (to move to next week)
|
| the codebehind the button just says
|
| Response.Redirect("mypagename.aspx?year=2005&month=11&day=21")
|
| On win2k, it loads the next page fine, no problem. On win2003 however,
it
| just displays a blank page.. doesn't even get back into the requested
page..

| Any ideas ?
|
| Adrian

Adrian Parker

Thanks guys, I'm just setting up win2003 on a virtual pc to test out the
suggestions.. will let you know how it goes.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Ok, if there're any new updates, please feel free to post here.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "Adrian Parker" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: win2k works, win2003 doesn't ?
| Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:21:05 -0000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Thanks guys, I'm just setting up win2003 on a virtual pc to test out the
| suggestions.. will let you know how it goes.
|
| | > Hi Adrian,
| >
| > As for the problem you mentioned, is the problem page using
| > SmartNavigation? Based on my experience there has an exisiting problem
in
| > ASP.NET that use response.Redirect with SmartNavigation turned on. If
your
| > page is using SmartNavigation, you can first checking whether the 2003
| > server has installed all the latest patch of .net framework 1.x...
| > (Since the problem should has been fixed in the latest patchs)
| >
| > Also, you can clear the aspnet client script files and execute the
| > following command to reinstall them (in case the client script files are
| > corrupted):
| >
| > You can remove the "aspnet_client" folder under your IIS site's root dir
| > first then execute the
| >
| > aspnet_regiis -c
| >
| > command to reinstall those global scripts.
| >
| > Hope helps. Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Adrian Parker" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: win2k works, win2003 doesn't ?
| > | Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 00:15:10 -0000
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | I have a web app that has one problem when deployed on win2003 but
works
| > | fine on win2k.
| > |
| > | On a page, I have a button that causes a reload of the page with a
| > different
| > | set of querystring values (to move to next week)
| > |
| > | the codebehind the button just says
| > |
| > | Response.Redirect("mypagename.aspx?year=2005&month=11&day=21")
| > |
| > | On win2k, it loads the next page fine, no problem. On win2003
however,
| > it
| > | just displays a blank page.. doesn't even get back into the requested
| > page..
| > |
| > | Any ideas ?
| > |