Win2k Server and NAT...

Unregistered

Is it possible to set up a Windows 2000 Server to NAT multiple privat
addresses? I can set it up just fine to NAT the 10.x.x.x network, bu
we also use the 172.16.x.x and the 192.168.0.x networks.

Any ideas?

TIA

Unregistered

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

Sure as long as the RRAS server has an interface configured on each private
network you can add them this way:

1. Click Network Address Translation to see which interfaces are
enabled for NAT.

2. To add additional interfaces, right-click Network Address
Translation, and then click New Interface.

3. Click the internal interface, and then click OK. This opens the
Network Address Translation Properties - Internal Interface Properties
dialog box.

4. Click Private Interface, and then click OK.

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

From: Unregistered <[email protected]>
Subject: Win2k Server and NAT...
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:35:18 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
Is it possible to set up a Windows 2000 Server to NAT multiple private
addresses? I can set it up just fine to NAT the 10.x.x.x network, but
we also use the 172.16.x.x and the 192.168.0.x networks.
Any ideas?

TIA!

Unregistered -[/QUOTE]

Unregistered

Marc:

Thanks for the advice. I will try it!

*Sure as long as the RRAS server has an interface configured on eac
private
network you can add them this way:

1. Click Network Address Translation to see which interfaces are
enabled for NAT.

2. To add additional interfaces, right-click Network Address
Translation, and then click New Interface.

3. Click the internal interface, and then click OK. This opens the
Network Address Translation Properties - Internal Interfac
Properties
dialog box.

4. Click Private Interface, and then click OK.

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n
rights.
Is it possible to set up a Windows 2000 Server to NAT multipl
private
addresses? I can set it up just fine to NAT the 10.x.x.x network
but
we also use the 172.16.x.x and the 192.168.0.x networks.

Unregistered -
[/QUOTE]

Unregistered