Win Update 0x8ddd0007 Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Guest, Jul 17, 2007.

    Win Update 0x8ddd0007 Error

    Im running Win XP Home Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    I just did a repair and when I booted back up I got the windows update box
    that said it was going to install windows installer 3.1....when it was done
    it said I had to reboot...which I did...and now it wont go away

    When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x8ddd0007 error

    Click Start. Choose Run. In the Open box, type regedit. Click OK.
    In the Registry Editor, go to the following branch:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update

    If the RebootRequired sub-key is present, right click on the key and then
    click on the Delete option. Click Yes for confirmation.

    I've done this 100 times, I have run Adaware, Spybot, AVG and Panda scans
    found nothing, I've also run sfc /scannow. I had a Microsoft tech check for
    corrupted windows and registry folders...nothing...so the tech told me
    that the version of installer I have on my pc now is probably corrupted and I
    would need to do another repair to fix it, so I did that and it still didn't
    fix it
    The version of installer per the dll is this
    C:\WINDOWS\system32 Windows Installer 3.0.3790.2180

    It doesnt matter what I try I keep getting the icon in my taskbar
    updating your computer is almost complete..restart for updates to take
    effect....every 10 mins it pops up to remind me...never ends, and its
    preventing me from downloading all the updates I need after my repair.

    My error log has these entries

    VBRuntime
    The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
    MSICUU: Thread ID: 3868 ,Logged: Success:
    C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe TW!

    The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
    MSICUU: Thread ID: 3868 ,Logged: Success:
    C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe TW!
    {CA0A1E54-CE0F-4366-B09C-A87B6 1DC5633}

    LoadPerf
    The performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly
    formatted. The bogus string is 5382, the bogus
    index value is the first DWORD in Data section while the last valid index
    values are the second and third DWORD in Data section.

    Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl)
    failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

    Anyone with any ideas for this ? I would greatly appreciate it!

    Guest, Jul 17, 2007

    "skeetz" wrote:

    > Win Update 0x8ddd0007 Error
    >
    > Im running Win XP Home Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    > I just did a repair and when I booted back up I got the windows update box
    > that said it was going to install windows installer 3.1....when it was done
    > it said I had to reboot...which I did...and now it wont go away
    >

    > When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x8ddd0007 error
    >
    > Click Start. Choose Run. In the Open box, type regedit. Click OK.
    > In the Registry Editor, go to the following branch:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update
    >
    > If the RebootRequired sub-key is present, right click on the key and then
    > click on the Delete option. Click Yes for confirmation.
    >
    > I've done this 100 times, I have run Adaware, Spybot, AVG and Panda scans
    > found nothing, I've also run sfc /scannow. I had a Microsoft tech check for
    > corrupted windows and registry folders...nothing...so the tech told me
    > that the version of installer I have on my pc now is probably corrupted and I
    > would need to do another repair to fix it, so I did that and it still didn't
    > fix it
    > The version of installer per the dll is this
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32 Windows Installer 3.0.3790.2180
    >
    > It doesnt matter what I try I keep getting the icon in my taskbar
    > updating your computer is almost complete..restart for updates to take
    > effect....every 10 mins it pops up to remind me...never ends, and its
    > preventing me from downloading all the updates I need after my repair.
    >

    > My error log has these entries
    >
    > VBRuntime
    > The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
    > MSICUU: Thread ID: 3868 ,Logged: Success:
    > C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe TW!
    >
    > The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
    > MSICUU: Thread ID: 3868 ,Logged: Success:
    > C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe TW!
    > {CA0A1E54-CE0F-4366-B09C-A87B6 1DC5633}
    >

    > LoadPerf
    > The performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly
    > formatted. The bogus string is 5382, the bogus
    > index value is the first DWORD in Data section while the last valid index
    > values are the second and third DWORD in Data section.
    >
    > Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl)
    > failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.
    >

    > Anyone with any ideas for this ? I would greatly appreciate it!

    You receive a "0x80070002" error code when you download an update from
    Windows Server Update Services in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920151
    Error message when you try to update a Microsoft Windows-based computer:
    "0x80070002"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922582

    Open a run command and type in:
    regedit.exe click [OK]. locate These keys and compare the Entries to this
    here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate =
    [ON]DontPromptForWindowsUpdate REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
    [ON]DontSearchWindowsUpdate REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)

    [-]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Services\Update =
    [ab]DispalyName REG_SZ Microcode Update Driver
    [ON]ErrorCotrol REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    [ab]OmagePath REG_DWORD_SZ System32\DRIVERS\update.sys
    [ON]Start REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)
    [ON]Type REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

    2 = Try to Repair your Windows Update Engine, to do that follow these steps
    reregister the DLLs by opening a Run Command and type these Commands
    one-by-one and click [OK] or Hit [Enter]:
    regsvr32 atl.dll
    regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    regsvr32 inetcomm.dll
    regsvr32 wups.dll
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll
    regsvr32 wuweb.dll
    regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
    regsvr32 cryptsvc.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 qmgr.dll
    regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
    regsvr32 wups2.dll
    net start wuauserv

    Then Restart your machine and try the windows Update website.
    HTH.
    nass
    -----
    www.nasstec.co.uk

    Guest, Jul 17, 2007

    "nass" wrote:

> [...]

    > [ON]Start REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)
    > [ON]Type REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    >
    > 2 = Try to Repair your Windows Update Engine, to do that follow these steps
    > reregister the DLLs by opening a Run Command and type these Commands
    > one-by-one and click [OK] or Hit [Enter]:
    > regsvr32 atl.dll
    > regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    > regsvr32 inetcomm.dll
    > regsvr32 wups.dll
    > regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    > regsvr32 wucltui.dll
    > regsvr32 wuweb.dll
    > regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
    > regsvr32 cryptsvc.dll
    > regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    > regsvr32 qmgr.dll
    > regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    > regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
    > regsvr32 wups2.dll
    > net start wuauserv
    >
    > Then Restart your machine and try the windows Update website.

    Step 3: Add the Primary DNS suffix
    1. Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. Right-click the Network Connection that you are using, and then click
    Properties.

    Note Typically, the Network Connection that you are using is named Local
    Area Connection.
    3. Double-click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
    4. Click Advanced, and then click the DNS tab.
    5. Type type the DNS suffix in the DNS suffix for this connection box. *NO
    IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS*
    6. Click OK, and then close the Networking properties windows.

    The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download
    Center:
    Windows XP
    Download the Update for Windows XP (KB922582) package now.
    *I HAVE BEEN HERE BUT IT WONT INSTALL BECAUSE I KEEP GETTING THE
    SAME ERROR MESSAGE A PREVIOUS UPDATE NEEDS TO FINISH BEFORE YOU
    CAN INSTALL *** (ANYTHING) something to that effect

    You receive a "0x80070002" error code when you download an update from
    Windows Server Update Services in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920151
    Error message when you try to update a Microsoft Windows-based computer:
    "0x80070002"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922582

    Open a run command and type in:
    regedit.exe click [OK]. locate These keys and compare the Entries to this
    here:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate = * NO
    WINDOWS UPDATE SUBKEY HERE*
    [ON]DontPromptForWindowsUpdate REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
    [ON]DontSearchWindowsUpdate REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DriverSearching
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\IPSec
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\RTC
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Safer

    [-]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Services\Update = * I DONT HAVE SERVICES
    UNDER HKLM\SYSTEM*
[...]

    I HAVE DONE THIS DLL THING OVER AND OVER STILL DIDNT FIX ANYTHING.
    I DONT KNOW WHY MY REGISTRY KEYS DONT MATCH
    THE ONES YOU POSTED BUT I DONT HAVE EITHER ONE...SO UNABLE TO TRY
    THOSE SUGGESTIONS.....THANKS FOR TRYING..

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007

> [...]

    > reregister the DLLs by opening a Run Command and type these Commands
    > one-by-one and click [OK] or Hit [Enter]:
    > regsvr32 atl.dll
    > regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    > regsvr32 inetcomm.dll
    > regsvr32 wups.dll
    > regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    > regsvr32 wucltui.dll
    > regsvr32 wuweb.dll
    > regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
    > regsvr32 cryptsvc.dll
    > regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    > regsvr32 qmgr.dll
    > regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    > regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
    > regsvr32 wups2.dll
    > net start wuauserv
    >
    > I HAVE DONE THIS DLL THING OVER AND OVER STILL DIDNT FIX ANYTHING.
    > I DONT KNOW WHY MY REGISTRY KEYS DONT MATCH
    > THE ONES YOU POSTED BUT I DONT HAVE EITHER ONE...SO UNABLE TO TRY
    > THOSE SUGGESTIONS.....THANKS FOR TRYING..

    I did some research on those registry keys and it apprears thats for XP Pro
    which
    I dont have......http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328010

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007

    "skeetz" wrote:

> [...]

    > > regsvr32 atl.dll
    > > regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    > > regsvr32 inetcomm.dll
    > > regsvr32 wups.dll
    > > regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    > > regsvr32 wucltui.dll
    > > regsvr32 wuweb.dll
    > > regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
    > > regsvr32 cryptsvc.dll
    > > regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    > > regsvr32 qmgr.dll
    > > regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    > > regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
    > > regsvr32 wups2.dll
    > > net start wuauserv
    > >
    > > I HAVE DONE THIS DLL THING OVER AND OVER STILL DIDNT FIX ANYTHING.
    > > I DONT KNOW WHY MY REGISTRY KEYS DONT MATCH
    > > THE ONES YOU POSTED BUT I DONT HAVE EITHER ONE...SO UNABLE TO TRY
    > > THOSE SUGGESTIONS.....THANKS FOR TRYING..
    > >

    > I did some research on those registry keys and it apprears thats for XP Pro

    They all registered fine except this one........cryptsvc.dll was loaded but
    the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file could not be
    registered...after reboot I have the same error message

    Thanks again for tryig to help appreciate your time

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007

    "skeetz" wrote:

> [...]
    > > > regsvr32 cryptsvc.dll
    > > > regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    > > > regsvr32 qmgr.dll
    > > > regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    > > > regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
    > > > regsvr32 wups2.dll
    > > > net start wuauserv
    > > >
    > > > I HAVE DONE THIS DLL THING OVER AND OVER STILL DIDNT FIX ANYTHING.
    > > > I DONT KNOW WHY MY REGISTRY KEYS DONT MATCH
    > > > THE ONES YOU POSTED BUT I DONT HAVE EITHER ONE...SO UNABLE TO TRY
    > > > THOSE SUGGESTIONS.....THANKS FOR TRYING..
    > > >

    > > I did some research on those registry keys and it apprears thats for XP Pro
    > > which > I dont have......http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328010

    > They all registered fine except this one........cryptsvc.dll was loaded but
    > the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file could not be
    > registered...after reboot I have the same error message
    >

    > Thanks again for tryig to help appreciate your time

    Hi,
    You have the Cryptographic services disabled or damaged, try to
    repair/reinstall this service:
    Open a run command and type in:
    services.msc click [OK]
    On the services control panel locate this service and make sure it start Auto:

    Cryptographic Services
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    Right click the above services and select properties, on the properties make
    the changes to the start STATUS.
    Close the services Control panel, Reboot your machine and start the Update,
    does it help?.
    Or Open a run command and try to stop and Restart the crypto service by
    typing in:
    net stop cryptsvc click [OK]
    net start cryptsvc click [OK]
    Reboot your machine and try the updates site.
    If all fail try this VBs script to start the Services:
    Corrects Cryptographic Error Message when installing Windows Updates
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cryptofix.htm
    Windows Update 643 Error and the Catalog Database
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817287

    Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    HTH.
    nass
    ----
    www.nasstec.co.uk

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007

    "nass" wrote:

    > > > I did some research on those registry keys and it apprears thats for XP Pro
    > > > which > I dont have......http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328010

    > > They all registered fine except this one........cryptsvc.dll was loaded but
    > > the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file could not be
    > > registered...after reboot I have the same error message
    > >

    > > Thanks again for tryig to help appreciate your time

    > Hi,
    > You have the Cryptographic services disabled or damaged, try to
    > repair/reinstall this service:
    > Open a run command and type in:
    > services.msc click [OK]
    > On the services control panel locate this service and make sure it start Auto:
    >
    > Cryptographic Services
    > Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    > Right click the above services and select properties, on the properties make
    > the changes to the start STATUS.
    > Close the services Control panel, Reboot your machine and start the Update,
    > does it help?.
    > Or Open a run command and try to stop and Restart the crypto service by
    > typing in:
    > net stop cryptsvc click [OK]
    > net start cryptsvc click [OK]
    > Reboot your machine and try the updates site.
    > If all fail try this VBs script to start the Services:
    > Corrects Cryptographic Error Message when installing Windows Updates
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cryptofix.htm
    > Windows Update 643 Error and the Catalog Database
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817287
    >
    > Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    > HTH.
    > nass
    > ----
    > www.nasstec.co.uk

    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is greyed out...cant change settings but says
    its auto/started could that be the problem ?

    Guest, Jul 19, 2007

    "skeetz" wrote:

    > "nass" wrote:

    > > > They all registered fine except this one........cryptsvc.dll was loaded but
    > > > the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file could not be
    > > > registered...after reboot I have the same error message
    > > >

    > > > Thanks again for tryig to help appreciate your time

    > > Hi,
    > > You have the Cryptographic services disabled or damaged, try to
    > > repair/reinstall this service:
    > > Open a run command and type in:
    > > services.msc click [OK]
    > > On the services control panel locate this service and make sure it start Auto:
    > >
    > > Cryptographic Services
    > > Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    > > Right click the above services and select properties, on the properties make
    > > the changes to the start STATUS.
    > > Close the services Control panel, Reboot your machine and start the Update,
    > > does it help?.
    > > Or Open a run command and try to stop and Restart the crypto service by
    > > typing in:
    > > net stop cryptsvc click [OK]
    > > net start cryptsvc click [OK]
    > > Reboot your machine and try the updates site.
    > > If all fail try this VBs script to start the Services:
    > > Corrects Cryptographic Error Message when installing Windows Updates
    > > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cryptofix.htm
    > > Windows Update 643 Error and the Catalog Database
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817287
    > >
    > > Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    > > HTH.
    > > nass
    > > ----
    > > www.nasstec.co.uk

    > Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is greyed out...cant change settings but says
    > its auto/started could that be the problem ?

    http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=514705&SiteID=25

    288. Restore Cryptographic Service - CryptSvc

    Guest, Jul 19, 2007