Will there ever be drivers for HP10XX printers

Brian Hoyt

I hate to reply to myself but apparently contray to what the page below
indicates there is a driver for the 1020, however there still isn't a driver
for 1012.

Brian Hoyt

Tom Ferguson

Supposedly, support for these printer series is supposed to be coming
'soon' fro HP. Yes, I know. Soon is after tomorrow and next week, and
tomorrow never comes.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Brian,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, the issue is related to HP printer driver. You may contact
HP support to see if they have any information about your printer driver
for Windows Vista.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Brian Hoyt" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Will there ever be drivers for HP10XX printers
| Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:19:53 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
|
| I hate to reply to myself but apparently contray to what the page below
| indicates there is a driver for the 1020, however there still isn't a
driver
| for 1012.
|
| Brian Hoyt
|
| | > We have close to a dozen HP 1000, 1012 and 1022 printers which are
useless
| > with Vista. According to HP -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c0080
8536#N104E6
| > the drivers have been coming soon since Vista's relase. Does anyone
have
| > better information. The worst part about it I think is that HP
continues
| > to sell the 1018, 1020 and 1022 today with full knowledge that they
won't
| > work in Vista. Any help?
| >
| > Brian Hoyt

Tony

Brian Hoyt said:
I hate to reply to myself but apparently contray to what the page below
indicates there is a driver for the 1020, however there still isn't a driver
for 1012.

Brian Hoyt

I don't know when or if the 1010 drivers will arrive but I can confirm that I
have installed several printers of this series in Vista computers in
compatibility mode using the XP drivers.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Thomas Veik

We have close to a dozen HP 1000, 1012 and 1022 printers which are useless
with Vista. According to HP -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00808536#N104E6
the drivers have been coming soon since Vista's relase. Does anyone have
better information. The worst part about it I think is that HP continues to
sell the 1018, 1020 and 1022 today with full knowledge that they won't work
in Vista. Any help?

Brian Hoyt

I found a beta driver for the 1022 but haven't tried it yet. I'd
rather wait for a final version. If you try it, let us know how it
works.

http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/#Vista

Tom

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Thanks Tom.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: Thomas Veik <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
| Subject: Re: Will there ever be drivers for HP10XX printers
| Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 09:55:36 -0500
|
| On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:30:45 -0400, "Brian Hoyt"
|
| > We have close to a dozen HP 1000, 1012 and 1022 printers which are
useless
| > with Vista. According to HP -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c0080
8536#N104E6
| > the drivers have been coming soon since Vista's relase. Does anyone
have
| > better information. The worst part about it I think is that HP
continues to
| > sell the 1018, 1020 and 1022 today with full knowledge that they won't
work
| > in Vista. Any help?
| >
| > Brian Hoyt
| >

| I found a beta driver for the 1022 but haven't tried it yet. I'd
| rather wait for a final version. If you try it, let us know how it
| works.
|
| http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/#Vista
|
| Tom

Thomas Veik

We have close to a dozen HP 1000, 1012 and 1022 printers which are useless
with Vista. According to HP -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00808536#N104E6
the drivers have been coming soon since Vista's relase. Does anyone have
better information. The worst part about it I think is that HP continues to
sell the 1018, 1020 and 1022 today with full knowledge that they won't work
in Vista. Any help?

Brian Hoyt

Looks like HP finally released a Vista driver for the 1022. Don't
believe the date they have there. It's only been released within the
last few days. I can print now finally.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=439322&lang=en

Tom