Will it ever stop

Reaction score
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Will it ever stop?

Probably not, as while there's a demand the manufacturers will still develop and make these cards.

It's a double edged sword. I like to see the computer market, particularly the gaming side, progress, but on the other hand these cards have long been ridiculously overpriced. No amount of research and development can justify £400.00 grafix cards.

But the manufacturer's know that there will always be those who are willing to pay hefty prices just to have the latest technology.

Here's a review of the MSI version. It sure is a tasty bit of kit :)

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong I love to splash out and get the latest gear now and then however not sure if I could justify spending nearly £500 on a card.

If I had the money (lottery) then yes sure why not, damn I would have a whole room full of them, but as it stands nah never gonna happen!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Dont get me wrong I love to splash out and get the latest gear now and then however not sure if I could justify spending nearly £500 on a card.

If I had the money (lottery) then yes sure why not, damn I would have a whole room full of them, but as it stands nah never gonna happen!

That's a defeatist attitude.

There are other, better ways, to make a reasonable amount of money other than The Lottery.

Keep at it, persevere, be true, keep an eye out for yourself and one day - maybe not too far off - you'll be in a position to afford a few of the luxury things in life.

Believe me, it's true :)

Myself, I always wait until a card has been on the market for at least three months or so, by which time it's often dropped in price, sometimes by as much as 50%.

I apply that thinking to most of my computer stuff meaning I've never had a system completely up to date, but one that performs well.

Ask a Question