Wiling clean a 80 GIG harddrive.

I put a new 80 gig harddrive in my desktop an would like to wipe all the info
off the old 80 gig. Is there a program in windows that will do this?? I still
have it installed in my desktop but not hooked up. I have the new one
running. I want to give this to a friend that has a 20gig . Thanks all an
everyone have a safe an happy day.

Jim Macklin

If the data is personal and needs to be really wiped get
Eraser, it will run from a floppy and it over writes the
whole disk several times with random 1 and 0, it would take
the resources of the CIA and FBI to recover the data, such
as your bank records and credit cards.

If you set the program to do several passes, it will
probably run all night. You can install it on the hard
drive and use it to clean files, but be very careful, select
the wrong drive or partition and you'll be hoping that your
back-ups work.

| Reconnect it and just rt click on the drive icon
and select format.

wrote in message
| | >I put a new 80 gig harddrive in my desktop an would like
to wipe all the
| >info
| > off the old 80 gig. Is there a program in windows that
will do this?? I
| > still
| > have it installed in my desktop but not hooked up. I
have the new one
| > running. I want to give this to a friend that has a
20gig . Thanks all an
| > everyone have a safe an happy day.

paulmd

Cyborwanderer said:
I put a new 80 gig harddrive in my desktop an would like to wipe all the info
off the old 80 gig. Is there a program in windows that will do this?? I still
have it installed in my desktop but not hooked up. I have the new one
running. I want to give this to a friend that has a 20gig . Thanks all an
everyone have a safe an happy day.

dban.sourceforge.net