(wild) cows

Reaction score
some cow pics from the new forest in hampshire :)

cowsm_7929.JPG

cow_orig_8057.JPG

cow_orig_8111.JPG

cow_orig_8126.JPG

cow_orig_8138.JPG

Sil

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Very nice idea of framing on the last one. Looks like the light was really good during the shoot and interesting sky to back it up. :thumb:

Reaction score
Must have been in a good MOOOO-dddddd those cows:lol: . Very good photos:thumb:

Reaction score
cool 800 posts.

Yeah it can be very nice down in the new forest, seen it many times on the way to cricket matches :thumb:. You took some real good pictures by the way, really like them! :D

Reaction score

am lucky the new forest is about 1/2 hr drive, I try and go down near ocknell for walks as much as I can, great place to notice the seasons changing :)

Sil

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah, some cool photos. I like the 3rd and 4th ones best.

Had a look through your gallery, Loads of fantastic photos in there,The 'Sandbanks' and the Red Arrows in particular. :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score

I try and add a new gallery every month but been too busy to put any up recently, still go out and take pics jus not enough to fill a new section, next month mebbe :)

Sil

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh they are super pics Silver, really good, particularly number 4, the cow portrait. How close were you able to get to them? It looks as though they were pretty un-fazed by your presence. Regarding number 4 again, is that one of those freak tornadoes in the background to the right? We have never visited the New Forest, so it is very interesting to see these pics. :nod:

Reaction score
thanks all :)

the tornado in the 4th pic is a blade of grass close to the camera, I guess I was around 3 or 4 feet from the animal, they aren't that tame though as they are left to roam free for most of the year you have to approach slowly and sit with them a while and they get used to you - at least that's my excuse ;)

ya is d200, same image can be done with d50, am using a 17-55 lens stopped down, same image is possible with 18-70, for the distorted effect go to the wide end / near 18mm and get close to the subject, stop the lens down a bit for more depth of field f5.6 to f11 if you can and possibly underexpose by a stop for the sky (and fix later in paint app)

Sil

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
blimey. fab pix! :thumb:

was enjoyin' ur marwell zoo pix, as well :)

Ask a Question