    battery icon.
    TIA
    Al

    ~alan HDX~, Aug 2, 2009

  2. ~alan HDX~

    SC Tom Guest

    "~alan HDX~" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone tell me how to restore the wifi icon in the taskbar? I have
    > vista home premium on an HP laptop. It was there this morning, and now,
    > when i turned it on, its gone.
    > I right clicked on the taskbar, then left clicked on properties, found the
    > notification area, and the network square is grayed out so I can't put a
    > check in it. I think that is what would put the icon back next to the
    > battery icon.
    > TIA
    > Al

    Try here and see if it helps:

    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...ith-disabled-or-grayed-out-check-box-options/

    SC Tom

    SC Tom, Aug 2, 2009

  3. ~alan HDX~

    ~alan HDX~ Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion, but a restart didn't fix it. It gave me an idea,
    though: restore point.
    There had been a vista update on the 1st so I restored to 2 days before the
    update.
    I don't know if the update caused the problem or not, but the restore fixed
    it.
    Thanks,
    Al

    ~alan HDX~, Aug 2, 2009
  4. ~alan HDX~

    t-4-2 Guest

    Do you people have some kind of fixation with registry tweak or high-tech
    geek ?
    What's wrong with doing a system restore, picking the date the icon was
    present ?

    t-4-2

    t-4-2, Aug 2, 2009