why vista will look outdated very soon

Joe727

That style hung around for at least a decade. Anyway, there's more to Aero
than the eye candy. The clarity of what's on the screen is amazing.

Joe

Brian Shapiro

"John Jay Smith" <-> wrote in message
Aero isn't really so stylized, especially compared to OSX. Its a plain white
rounded window, which you can modify the color on and allow to have
transparency effects.

Peter M

Using Aero if you have it, uses less ram than Aero Basic or the old classic
mode at this point in time. But hey, go buy an old IBM PC Jr and run DOS 2.0
and be happy. Or just buy a Mac and STFU. Really I find the new interface
less sucky than say XP Luna. Do you do anything but complain about parts of
Vista that aren't really important like how it looks?

Mario Rosario

I'm sure it will be outdated.

XP looks outdated compared to Vista, and 2000 looks dated compared to XP.

Now DOS is a classic, it hasn't been replaced.

mmmmark

OSX looks clean and uncluttered, while Vista looks like it was created by
engineers trying to be designers, IMHO.

Colin Barnhorst

There's nothing wrong with it looking friendly and unthreatening. Most
icons strike me as somewhat cartoonish anyway. But I use both OS/X and
Windows and don't have any objections to how either one looks. They both
work well for the things I like to do and are fine with me.

Homer J. Simpson

Classic beauty is hard to achieve

You have part of the solution right there. Windows Classic it is then...