    there is an exclamation point on the file icon. Also, it is saving as a
    ..pptm file instead of .ppmx. I know this means it is Macro enabled. Thought
    it might help to figure out the ! issue. Any idea's? Thanks!

    Techgodess1, Oct 13, 2009

  2. On 10/13/09 1:55 PM, in article
    , "Techgodess1"
    <> wrote:

    > User having issues with MS Office 2007 powerpoint. Saved his file and now
    > there is an exclamation point on the file icon. Also, it is saving as a
    > .pptm file instead of .ppmx. I know this means it is Macro enabled. Thought
    >
    > it might help to figure out the ! issue. Any idea's? Thanks!

    Both itssues are related. A .pptm file is a Macro-enabled PowerPoint
    Presenation (in 2007). If the presentation contains macros, it must be saved
    in that format. A .pptx is a regular PowerPoint presentation. Presentation
    without macros should be in that format. If the file has no macros, just
    choose Save As from the Office button and pick the .pptx format to save it.
    I believe the exclamation point on the icon reflects the "m" status of the
    presentation.

    --David

    --
    David M. Marcovitz