Why doesn't my add scrolling text button work in microsoft word 2.

I am trying to add scrolling text to a web page in Microsoft Word 2002. When
I click on the Insert Scrolling Text button on the Web Tools toolbar, I get
the following message:

"This object was created in MARQUEE. This application is not available to
open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that
it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed."

How can I get the Insert Scrolling Text button to work?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

See “Application is not available†error messages when you try to insert
some Web Tools in Word 2002 and Word 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299

This is a change in behavior for security reasons. There is no workaround,
and there may be no fix.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Insert Scrolling Text Button Problem" <Insert Scrolling Text Button
news:[email protected]...

Hi - I've just come accross the problem myself - same thing - marquees and
sound clips and vid clips not allowed in Web Tools in MS Word, my version is
2000 - I have read all the posts on this subject and found them to be
uniformly and singularly unhelpful - but I have discovered that the marquees
will work in MS Publisher - hopefully that will be of some help to somone

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I'm sorry you've found the posts on the subject to be "uniformly and
singularly unhelpful," but the fact is that when there is no solution (or
even any hope of one) to be offered, then there's not much way to be helpful
(beyond suggesting that Word should never be anyone's first choice for Web
authoring). If users have Publisher and are willing to negotiate the
learning curve for a different application, then your information will
indeed be helpful. They might be better advised, however, to learn an
application, such as FrontPage, that is designed exclusively for Web
development.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)