Why doesn't changing the position in a table change the position of the DatGridView that's bound to

S

Sam Malone

I have these four methods to change the position in a table. However when I invoke any of them nothing appears to happen to the table. It doesn't scroll. The selector pointer doesn't move. Nada!!
If I check the row in the table (DataTable2), it IS changing as it should and the DGV IS bound to the data table.

Private Sub cmdFirst_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdFirst.Click
BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position = 0
End Sub
Private Sub cmdLast_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdLast.Click
BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position = MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2").Rows.Count
End Sub
Private Sub cmdNext_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdNext.Click
If BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position < MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2").Rows.Count Then
BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position += 1
End If
End Sub
Private Sub cmdPrevious_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdPrevious.Click
If BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position > 0 Then
BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position -= 1
End If
End Sub

C

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Sam,

In version 2005 it is easier to use the bindingsource.

See this sample on our webview
http://www.vb-tips.com/default.aspx?ID=869eb278-0b5f-4dfd-8068-4e3f3fedb997

I hope this helps,

Cor
"Sam Malone" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht I have these four methods to change the position in a table. However when I invoke any of them nothing appears to happen to the table. It doesn't scroll. The selector pointer doesn't move. Nada!!
If I check the row in the table (DataTable2), it IS changing as it should and the DGV IS bound to the data table.

Private Sub cmdFirst_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdFirst.Click
End Sub
Private Sub cmdLast_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdLast.Click
BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position = MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2").Rows.Count
End Sub
Private Sub cmdNext_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdNext.Click
If BindingContext(MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2")).Position < MyDataSet.Tables("DataTable2").Rows.Count Then
End If
End Sub
Private Sub cmdPrevious_Click(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdPrevious.Click
End If
End Sub

S

Sam Malone

OH GOODIE!!! and just when I thought I was beginning to understand the other stuff :=) Thanks a bunch. I'll have a look at it, Cor. Appreciate the help.
Sam,

In version 2005 it is easier to use the bindingsource.

See this sample on our webview
http://www.vb-tips.com/default.aspx?ID=869eb278-0b5f-4dfd-8068-4e3f3fedb997

I hope this helps,

Cor
"Sam Malone" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht I have these four methods to change the position in a table. However when I invoke any of them nothing appears to happen to the table. It doesn't scroll. The selector pointer doesn't move. Nada!!

End Sub
End Sub
End If
End Sub
End If
End Sub

Ask a Question