    have run the repair progran several times. Any suggestions?
    --
    winchester2120

    mbazhill, Dec 17, 2008

  2. mbazhill

    alborg Guest

    You might wish to try to allow the setup to finish, or if this is not
    possible, then try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

    Cheers,
    Al

    alborg, Dec 18, 2008

  3. mbazhill

    Twee Guest

    This is happening to me as well. Every time I restart my computer, then open
    an Office application, I get the message “Please wait while setup prepares
    the necessary files.†I then have to wait for it to go through a
    configuration process before it will open.
    For the first 6 weeks after I installed Office 2007 this didn’t happen. The
    problem only began about one week ago. I’ve gone into Control Panel
    Add/Remove Programs and used the “Repair†option, but this didn’t work. I
    also gone into Control Panel Add/Remove Programs using the “Change†option
    and selected “Run All from My Computer†but this didn’t work either.

    Twee, Dec 18, 2008
  4. mbazhill

    helpme Guest

    RE: Why does Word setup appear every time I try to open the progra

    I am having same problem. How did you fix your problem? The laptop came
    with trail Office 2007. I installed Office Home and Student 2007. Excel
    opening also give me stdole32.tlb and requests setup each time.

    helpme, Mar 5, 2009
  5. mbazhill

    SnoozyFL Guest

    RE: Why does Word setup appear every time I try to open the progra

    Twee,

    did you every get a resolution to this problem? We have several PCs that
    have the same problem and have tried the same things and also a registery
    adjustment that we found on another forum, but it still comes back.

    Thanks
    SnoozyFL

    SnoozyFL, May 8, 2009