    are definded by two collumns for a given row. The two collumns don't change,
    and the row all stays together, so why does it change where points are
    plotted out on the graph when you re-sort it?

    Guest, Apr 21, 2006

  2. AndrewT420 -

    Usually, for an XY (Scatter) chart, with values of X in a column and
    corresponding values of Y in an adjacent column, for three or more points,
    Excel assumes (correctly) "Series in Columns."

    But, when you have only two X,Y pairs, Excel assumes (usually incorrectly
    for most users) "Series in Rows."

    You can check this by selecting the chart (or some object of the chart) and
    choosing Chart | Source Data | Data Range.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    Mike Middleton, Apr 21, 2006