anyway.

--
Regards,

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
www.powerpointworkbench.com

Australia

Reaction score
I think this is BS actually. I was coping and pasting a line of text into an existing text box in Powerpoint (to make a list), and every time I hit return to generate a new line (which expanded the vertical size of the textbox) then copied a prior line of text then put the mouse under the existing text and hit ctrl-V to paste, it replaced the whole of the existing full-page textbox with the single line of pasted line (I have no idea why, probably, unlike MS word, textboxes do not create carriage returns unless they are used immediately, DESPITE EXPANDING THE VERTICAL SIZE OF THE TEXTBOX, and so it was inadvertently selecting and replacing the whole textbox), so every time I tried the above, I had to then ctrl-z to undo the paste. On about the 5th try, in my frustration, I hit ctrl-s instead of ctrl-z by accident and poof ! the whole page of text all gone forever.

What you need is a .ppxd extension (powerpoint draft), then a menu option for "Save-publish" or "save-final" that generates pptx and strips out the undos, and not have a keyboard shortcut for this.

Ask a Question