Why am I getting VBA Macro security warning when there are no Macr

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Security' started by Magritte, Jun 9, 2009.

  1. Magritte

    Magritte Guest

    Hi,

    EVERY database I open produces the following error bar:

    Security Warning Certain content in the database has been disabled

    When I click on Options... It says:

    VBA Macro
    Access has disabled potentially harmful content in this database.

    It does list the database I opened as the offending one. The problem is this
    occurs for every database I open. Every one was created by me, and none of
    them have any VBA code (at least not that I added). So I understand what the
    source of the error/warning is. I can either enable the content through the
    Options button or close the warning keeping the content disabled, and the it
    doesn't matter, since, as I mentioned, there's no VBA code in these databases.

    There is an Acrobat Add-In installed by Acrobat 9 Pro. Might this be the
    cause? Is there some way I can fix this?

    Thanks!

    Magritte, Jun 9, 2009

  2. Magritte

    Magritte Guest

    Re: Why am I getting VBA Macro security warning when there are no

    "Chris O'C via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

    > Add the folders you store your dbs in to your trusted locations.
    >
    > Chris

    Thanks, that does remove the warning messages. However, it doesn't explain
    why Access is giving me VBA warning messages for databases that don't contain
    any VBA. Is this a known bug?

    Thanks.

    Magritte, Jun 10, 2009