Whos the cheapest in town?

Reaction score
I thought the likes of dabs, md and such were the cheapest peeps in town. but have just come across space computers

theygot a pants website, but good enough to buy and browse. but ring em up and theyll beat any prices around if they can aford it.

I just got a fiver of me new gf4 card n it was cheap enough b4!

check out www.space-computers.com
www.space-computers.com

:bow:

-=Q=-

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome ManQ!

I did find one bargain on there website:

M121611 ACER ASPIRE A1312XC XP2000 20GB 256DDRE 14" COM WP £57.00 £66.97

If only it were true :(

I used to pass Space Computers every day actually, they are right next to a halls of residence called Owens Park.

(I moved your thread from Bargains to Retailers, since it wasnt about a specific bargain 8))

Reaction score
www.gdsuk.co.uk are the cheapest i have found for a local retailer and they give free delivery most of the time. The last time i went to them they told me they were updating the site but they have got really good prices you have to call and talk to Greg or Brad and they will get you the best price and call you back. Like I said ignore the prices on line at the moment give them a week or so as the last thing i bought (DVD Re-Writer) was £17.00 cheaper instore than it was on the website.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Opal in Cardiff

... Direct importers from Hong Kong.

They did have a dam good website but it looks as tho' my link no workie.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Opal in Cardiff

Originally posted by muckshifter
... Direct importers from Hong Kong.

They did have a dam good website but it looks as tho' my link no workie.

If the link works again, post it here and I'll check it out :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've always found e-buyer to be the cheapest, even with postage costs, but they're absolute s***e.

Cost isn't everything, backup & support is. I've found that out through bitter experience.

Only two suppliers I buy from now, unless I don't have a choice are Kustom PC's and Overclockers UK (Esnet).

Failing that, Scan & Dabs aren't too shabby. I've had problems with products Scan supplied, they will sort it out, eventually, but they do actually get round to it, unlike e-buyer & redstore, to name but a couple.

I've never had a problem with Dabs, but I've read about loads of people who have had problems.

Remember, price isn't everything, I'd rather pay a little more knowing the supplier will be sympathetic and respond quick to any problems with products.

There again, if you want to play Russian Roulette and gamble on your parts being fault free, go with the cheapest, most of the time, you'll be OK.

Reaction score
I tend to look for the smaller online shops. Because of the huge competition in sales, many of the mini-companies out there have to sacrifice price in competition with the larger companies such as dabs.co.uk, etc. And if you search around and do comparisons you can really find some good deals

Reaction score
found ebuyer to be the cheapest..Believe u can have difficulties if u need to return something but so far not needed..
used MD and space computers b4 now.
www.aria.co.uk are relatively cheap... you just got to drop lucky when visiting the sites to grab a bargain...
Aria/space and Microdirect are within a square mile of each other.. (-: in manc.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Where abouts is Aria? I am in walking distance to MD, but I didn't realise Aria was so close!

Reaction score
ive got pc parts frm overclock.co.uk, oveclockers.co.uk. but overclockers is the better i believe. they are not the cheapest but as some1 said be4 good with admin should something go wrong.

try etoq.com thats alrite i heard abt this in some pc mag!

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian Cunningham
Where abouts is Aria? I am in walking distance to MD, but I didn't realise Aria was so close!

"Aria Technology , Imex Business Park , Hamilton Road , Longsight , Manchester , M13 0PD"

Acording to their site , i've visited it, its just a little room in a business-park building, decent service and prices were good.

Also Spot-On computers are good and have a good outlet in manchester, just out of the way from the center. Website here.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt Jason H
"Aria Technology , Imex Business Park , Hamilton Road , Longsight , Manchester , M13 0PD"

Acording to their site , i've visited it, its just a little room in a business-park building, decent service and prices were good.

Also Spot-On computers are good and have a good outlet in manchester, just out of the way from the center. Website here.

Hmm... Aria must be very close, as the post code is almost the same as mine! I will have to check this out :)

Reaction score
Having breifly looked at some of the sites you have given as the cheapest in town.

I'd like to introduce you to my business,
Sentinel Computers,
http://www.scwsuk.tk
Its a newly started business but prices from what I have compared and had compared shows the business as being one of the best for value in the town :)

So feel free to have a look around, also keep checking the site as it is due to go into a ful out domain etc soon which means address change, this will be located on the site in the near future to show current customers the new address.

Please E-Mail me with any problems you see in prices or show me where you can get a package around the exact same spec for less, I will try to beat it if I can, but bare in mind the current prices are hardly anything over the build costs.