Which group is good to ask about networking?

Jack

I cannot find any ms group related to networking.
Any thoughts?
Below is the message I posted few days ago to windowsxp.basics group to no
response
============
My Windows shows duplicate computer as part of my home network.
How to remove it from the list?
Also, I have only one workgroup (Home), but on the list there are 2
workgroups:
Home and Workgroup.
How to remove the Workgroup group from the list?
Thanks,
Jack

Gary S. Terhune

Yeah, but after what you thought fit to say to in your previous post, you
illiterate jerk, I ought to let you go figure it out for yourself. As it is,
here's a hint or three: The all have the string "network" in their names,
and if they aren't on your ISP's server, you should consider using a better
one. Personally, though its management is horrible these days, I use
Microsoft's own server. Example:

Feel very lucky that you happened to spark my tired mind that the reason
Steven couldn't find the VPC group is the same as the reason you can't find
yours. They don't exist on your puny ISP's news server.

Jack

You are wrong, very wrong.
Why do you think I asked that question????
BECAUSE I COULD NOT SEE ANY RELEVENT GROUP to post.
Before asking, I checked all these 'networking' groups.
Or are they not active (last not answered posts are dated middle of July) or
the name of the group does not sound right to me.
Why anyone wouls select Win98 or WinME networking group when using XP?

I am not a dummy and not jerk for sure.
I just demand a little more effort from someone just the same as I demand it
from myself.
Hope that explains.
And before you call 'jerk' someone first take a big breath!!!!
Jack

db.·.. >

Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User
illiterate jerk, I ought to let you go figure it out for yourself. As it is,

such remarks made
by a so-called MS-MVP
are unjustified and
is not indicative of
a professional.

if you cannot post
with professionalism
then you should refrain
from posting at all - PERIOD.

Gary S. Terhune

I called you a jerk because of your ignorant and rude post to Steven Wabik.
But you're worse than a jerk, you're an ignorant a** hole. YOU are the one
who said you couldn't find the networking groups. It's the first line in
your original post here. I simply responded to that statement and the fact
that your headers indicated that you are using an ISP news server, just like
Steven (though it would appear he was trying several posting hosts) and most
ISP news servers aren't known for carrying more than the major and most
popular MS groups.

Just because they are near moribund (there's newer stuff out there,
remember) doesn't mean the groups are unattended. I happen to know that the
networking groups are almost constantly monitored by some of the best
network wizards in the business. You just have post your question and wait.
It doesn't even really matter which networking group you choose, since those
same experts monitor them all.

Or post it to the XP General group if you insist on a bunch of irrelevant
answers from people who don't know what they're talking about and the
*probability* that you'll wait just as long for the correct answer, after
*probably* trying a bunch of things no-nothings suggested and making things
much worse, turning what is a simple problem into a major disaster.

And get this, A**hole! I do this on a purely volunteer basis. You want to
make f*&king "demands", you'd better start counting out the Benjamins!

Your entire post is full of false statements. You DID say you couldn't find
any Windows networking groups, which was a false statement. You claim you're
no dummy, which, from where I'm sitting, is a definitely a false statement.
Lastly, you claim you're not a jerk. Well, I guess you're right about that,
because "jerk" is much too mild a word for you.

Gary S. Terhune

Where do you suggest he do that? Oh, that's right, you're too ignorant to
provide honest and accurate advice to others. Research skills down below the
5% mark, I'd guess. If they even rise above a grade of ZERO!

Come on, I dare you. Guide the other ignorant a**hole through the steps
required to file a complaint against me. Too bad you won't get anywhere. I'm
kinda tired of the MVP label. Not that I'll stop posting here if I don't get
the Award this year, I'll just change my sig a bit. You can't do a f*&ing
thing to stop my posting here, and I challenge you to prove me wrong. Get me
booted from the Microsoft server where my posts originate. Show them this
entire thread (but let's be honest, you need to include Steven's thread,
too. Heck, collect all my flaming posts you can find over the last ten years
and show them to whomever you actually find to talk to. You'll find that
Microsoft doesn't care. In fact, in the case of this thread, I suspect I'd
get an email commending me on my honesty and forthrightness, while STILL
answering the a** hole's questions.

Gary S. Terhune

GFY (for the ignorant, then stands for Go F*&k Yourself. You're so far
beneath me that you have a hard time licking my boots, let alone that more
attractive goal I'm sure you've been eying for months. IOW, no, you can't
kiss my a**. You're just not tall enough.

Bill in Co.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

" db.·.. ><))) ·>` .. ." <databaseben.public.newsgroup.microsoft.com>
wrote
in message news:eDdu2KL%[email protected]...

Does that apply to you too? Nah, didn't so. What a hypocrite.

Jack

You are really b*head, MVP b*head. Time to retire.
By posting it in XP group it implied that I am unable to find XP networking
group.
The magic word is XP, kapisz?
And I am not using ISP news. I am connected directly to news.microsoft.com
How much wrong you still can be???
Jack

Gary S. Terhune

How stupid can you be if you are using the MS server and can't find the
group microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web? Since your specific desire is
a group related to Windows XP, and you know the naming format for XP groups,
all you have to do is go to the list of NGs, filter on "windowsxp", scroll
to the English part of the list and you have the thing staring you right in
the face, along with all the other windowsxp groups. Filtering on the
string, "network", will get you a smaller, more interesting list.

Yes, I was tired and read the headers in a screwy manner, but really, I just
can't fathom anyone using OE and logging on to the MS server directly NOT
being able to find the groups you claimed not to be able to find.. It just
boggles the mind.

And you're still a dick for the rudeness you posted to Steven. Where the
f&*k do you, an obviously ignorant peasant, get off telling other people how
to post? You can't even come close to half managing it yourself. Both that
post and your original in this thread, not to mention your more recent
temper tantrum show you for the ignorant a** hole that you are. Hell, you're
so illiterate you can't even understand what your own words actually say in
English. Which is to be expected from someone who probably takes pride in
bad English. Probably a total dropout. Just couldn't manage a passing grade
and gave up.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

The tone and language of your replies is doing great damage
to the MVP scheme. Please stop it now.

Gary S. Terhune

Sounds like an opinion to me. Go complain to someone who cares. My
renomination is coming up soon, and if you can stifle that, then more power
to you. This has become a club in which I can only take a diminished amount
of pride. It all went downhill as soon as they started calling Windows MVPs
"Vista Enthusiasts" and then the coffin got nailed shut when the totally and
permanently ignorant Carey Frish finally managed to get the Award. Gotta
wonder who's flute he had to toot, or just now much he had to cry to
whomever his patron is.

The MVP program is getting fuller and fuller with shills, and I'm not
interested in belonging to that club. However much respect I may have for a
significant number of MVPs, I can't ignore the rest. In fact, if, as
according to you, I am doing such harm to the program, it only goes to show
how ridiculous it has become. And recent events in my life have opened my
eyes to the fact that politically correct, always polite people are
dangerous to the health of our society. I ain't gonna play that game
anymore. When someone deserves assistance with their Windows system, and I
can provide it, I do so in a totally professional manner and am diligent
about following up. When the person, wittingly or not, simply happens to be
a total jackass, I'm gonna say so. And if you'll notice, I still couldn't
refrain from giving the jackass good advice even while he was whining about
how I called him out for insulting another user for no good reason, and then
*demanding* some sort of professional courtesy when he himself was totally
lacking in that trait. Well, until the idiot wakes up, reads what he really
wrote and puts the replies he received into context, and then issues some
VERY sincere apologies to those whom he has offended.

"Vista Enthusiast". I can't believe anyone is so pitiful as to even want to
be known as such. Might as well call yourself a Microsoft A** Kissing Shill.
More honest, anyway.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Gary S. Terhune said:
Sounds like an opinion to me.

My opinion is irrelevant - it is up to your Lead to decide your
MPV status. In the meantime, since you appear to have changed
your opinion about the MVP scheme, you might want to omit
your MVP credentials from your posts.

Gary S. Terhune

For the moment, I'm an MVP. And I truly am proud of the honor. What I am not
proud of is the direction the program has taken in the persons it awards and
their activities. So call me a member of the Opposition. If my Lead and the
rest who decide these things find that my behavior no longer meets current
MVP standards, then I will not expect the Award to be renewed.

Until then, I believe I AM doing the "work" of an MVP, assisting numerous
persons with their Windows problems. But I won't be treated as some flunkie,
I WILL call out jerks on their stupid, rude, behavior, especially when it's
aimed at others who are totally innocent. I am also tired of being
"politically correct" in my life in general. The world is descending into a
morass of incompetence and that pisses me off every where I go, and I've
come to the conclusion that it's my place to call them out on it. And, yes,
I consider language a weapon, suitable for smacking jerks upside the head in
the vain hope that it will somehow impart just the slightest hint of doubt
on the smackee's part about their own behavior, cause them to review the
facts and, if they have any balls whatsoever, cop to the fact that their own
sloppiness with the English language, and their totally rude and pompous
behavior is what led to all this misunderstanding.

If that somehow does not meet MVP standards, so be it. I've grown tired of
meekly accepting such behavior, so I simply don't, anymore. If you're a
jerk, I'm gonna say so. And if you graduate to ungrateful, lying a**s hole,
I'm going to say that, too. This thread is a perfect example. And if you
read it in its entirety, along with the insult the OP hurled at another
innocent user, to get the full picture.

But my sig is my "uniform", and until I'm mustered out, I will wear it
proudly. And even in that event, I will continue to contribute to these
groups as I see fit. It's just that I've grown extremely ambivalent about
whether my membership in the ranks is renewed or not. There are some
incredibly dishonest and dishonorable people amongst the ranks, but there
are also some of the finest people in the world also amongst those ranks.

So, I've decided to be the person I feel I should be, do and say the things
that I think need saying, help others as I can, but with honesty and
forthrightness, whichever way that goes, and let the chips fall where they
may.

db.·.. >

Microsoft truly has a problem
on its hands when it can allow